• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: Top Gun ceramic M+F

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I just noticed, when I compare with gen, the m+f's heritage IWC on dial "I" is crock, no matter what TD from all have same problem. I think the m+f have mistake for this one. I font know if they will have V2 for fix the issue. Gosh.. I am hold back again !!

Reactions: mcnut

Petruo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/6/18
The Biggest flaws is the missing Blue ar coating of the Saphire crystal. You can imediately See its Fake... then there also is the missing Pyramide Triangel and the misaligned Date Wheel of all m+f Iwc watches

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Not the best IWC rep i've seen but still something I might consider picking up.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
The Biggest flaws is the missing Blue ar coating of the Saphire crystal. You can imediately See its Fake... then there also is the missing Pyramide Triangel and the misaligned Date Wheel of all m+f Iwc watches

1. In certain light conditions the blue hue is not so obvious but after checking Intime website the impression is there's no AR at all and that's a problem for me considering the price of this rep :(
2. I perfectly understand those who put accuracy above all but I strongly prefer a colorless crystal as long as the AR capability is at least the same...often it is way better than AR on gen IWC crystals. For me the deal breaker is not a different AR color but a lack of AR or a very ineffective AR
3. Your obsession for the lume on the marker at 12 o clock keeps making me smile :D because I am aware each of us has a completely different tolerance for different flaws. To me looks irrelevant compared to other flaws irrelevant for you and unbearable to me.

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
well i just received it yesterday and immediately swapped out the crystal for a prof 2xAR (crystal diameter is 35.50m for those interested - had a spare from 3789 top gun, same dimensions)
also changed to Gen IWC kevlar strap which is much nicer than the rep

overall its a very nice rep - yeah in regards to the pyramid triangle - sorry Petruo you have no idea what you are talking about, go buy a gen if you are that pedantic, it is not noticeable and not a immediate give away..

Reactions: merowinger

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Looks great, no doubt.
that crystal looks like a huge improvement, even compared to gen crystals

Petruo

27/6/18
If you Are Smiling about the Triangel flaw do not Go to the Rolex area ;)

Cant Unterstand why there Are flaws like this. I already saw reps with Triangel and i own a Top Gun chronograph with Blue ar coating.

if there wont Come a rep with fixed flaws i will Order again a gen one. Im a big Fan of small Details.

Sorry if you feel offended But think if i buy a rep it should absolutely be unrecognizeable. Especially if you work in a Place where Gens Are everywhere

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Thanks for a photo, I don't know if you have an chance to take a closed up photo at 12 mark triangle ,see if has 3d print effect as gen, it's all point for it..

After seeing again the rep which my friend bought I can confirm that the 12 o'clock triangle does indeed have a 3d print effect like gen. Honestly, having seen the gen at the local IWC boutique a few weeks ago I don't see any flaw: printing is correctly 3d and date wheel is aligned, IMO it's a borderline super-rep, at least NWBIG

Last edited:
Reactions: pretender

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
After seeing again the rep which my friend bought I can confirm that the 12 o'clock triangle does indeed have a 3d print effect like gen. Honestly, having seen the gen at the local IWC boutique a few weeks ago I don't see any flaw: printing is correctly 3d and date wheel is aligned, IMO it's a borderline super-rep, at least NWBIG

yep completely agree

Petruo you didnt offend me at all i was just stating that what you said was incorrect, you dont have the rep in your hand or the gen for the matter i have the rep and have held the gen and safe to say for about 20th of the price its pretty good value for money and very accurate

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

Sorry but you cannot generalize like this saying all M+F IWC watches have misaligned date wheels, as this is factually not true

Petruo

27/6/18
Okay i have to revoke the flaw with the misaligned Date wheel. Today i tried the gen one and it also has a misaligned Date Wheel!!! Absolute sad for that Price Range. Absolutely not Worth it.

Have to wait for a rep with Blue ar