• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

M+F Mark(s) XVIII

af_newbie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/19
Canada
I am on the road right now. On Friday I'll post some pics of the V7F version that I received. I looked at it, wore it for two days and I did not see anything wrong with it, and it runs +3 sec/day out of the box/without regulating.

The strap is kinda cheap looking, but so is the gen strap. I got aftermarket straps for it.

It is kinda long, with 51mm lug-to-lug. It looks ok on my 6 3/4" wrist, but if your wrist is smaller than that it might too big for you.

https://imgur.com/a/m8Zx3RV

af_newbie

12/4/19
Canada
looks very good indeed.

does it have a 2892 in it?

I did not open it yet, but the crown unscrewing/screwing, manual winding tells me that is it. It is very smooth. Locking is perfect. Requires very little push.
Way better than my latest ARF DateJust41 or JF AP 15400 V5. Both are very gritty. This one is silky smooth. My best rep to date.

I will wear it for a week to test it, and if it requires regulating I'll open it to regulate it.

iflyjetplanes

Horology Curious
19/7/19

Not really clear in the pic but on the gen there is a very visible bubble on the triangle lume for the white dial only. Not sure if the V7F version got it right?

f3776ebb251e43854684be49c713bf27f69e6150.jpeg

af_newbie

12/4/19
Canada
Not really clear in the pic but on the gen there is a very visible bubble on the triangle lume for the white dial only. Not sure if the V7F version got it right?

f3776ebb251e43854684be49c713bf27f69e6150.jpeg

There is no "bubble". The triangle has a uniform lume, slightly raised above the dial, like the 9,6,12,3 o'clock hour lume markers. I think in the picture you posted it might have been the way the picture is taken. You see the reflections. See the hour marker at 12 o'clock on your picture.

https://www.iwc.com/en/watch-collections/pilot-watches/iw327012-pilot_s-watch-mark-xviii.html

For me this V7F is a super rep, mine runs +2 sec/day face up, and -2 sec/day face down. On my wrist, it runs 0 sec/day. Just like my BK Noob v9, 0 sec/day now.

I think the watch industry is one big marketing scam. I cannot believe I was buying their bullshit with COSC certifications, Geneva, Patek Seals, etc. Any fucking Seiko, Seagull, or replica with half-decent ETA movement can be regulated to COSC or better.

Last edited:

prowatch

29/9/19
There is no "bubble". The triangle has a uniform lume, slightly raised above the dial, like the 9,6,12,3 o'clock hour lume markers. I think in the picture you posted it might have been the way the picture is taken. You see the reflections. See the hour marker at 12 o'clock on your picture.

https://www.iwc.com/en/watch-collections/pilot-watches/iw327012-pilot_s-watch-mark-xviii.html

For me this V7F is a super rep, mine runs +2 sec/day face up, and -2 sec/day face down. On my wrist, it runs 0 sec/day. Just like my BK Noob v9, 0 sec/day now.

I think the watch industry is one big marketing scam. I cannot believe I was buying their bullshit with COSC certifications, Geneva, Patek Seals, etc. Any fucking Seiko, Seagull, or replica with half-decent ETA movement can be regulated to COSC or better.

Can you take a picture of your case?

D&R&E

8/10/11
29dbf6bd592e6a70c807f851f63787d6.jpg
26c31f179e78e940389f0c49af1e533c.jpg

Just got it in! I threw out the strap and got a Rios buffalo leather strap that suits it much better.
The case feels very solid, the matte titanium looks like it can weather being an everyday watch.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Looks amazing on that strap. Am I being too picky about the serif's on "IWC" not being as pronounced as the gen? Its the biggest tell for me. I just cant unsee it. Nonetheless this is my next everyday wear.

ssr905

1/11/18
Spain
Looks amazing on that strap. Am I being too picky about the serif's on "IWC" not being as pronounced as the gen? Its the biggest tell for me. I just cant unsee it. Nonetheless this is my next everyday wear.

I honestly don´t notice it, the printing looks fine in my eyes. I am actually selling this watch and strap right now, if you are interested, check out the sales section.

D&R&E

8/10/11
I honestly don´t notice it, the printing looks fine in my eyes. I am actually selling this watch and strap right now, if you are interested, check out the sales section.

I see you sold it already. Great. I bought mine 3 weeks ago and I am waiting for the TD to send QC's. I guess with the watch in hand the print issues I am referring to are less pronounced. I am looking at macro shots after-all.

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19
I see you sold it already. Great. I bought mine 3 weeks ago and I am waiting for the TD to send QC's. I guess with the watch in hand the print issues I am referring to are less pronounced. I am looking at macro shots after-all.

@D&R&E: If you are worried concerning the print issues,l it would be easy to install a gen dial to make the watch more gen like.
The dial isn't that hard to get. I you want to upgrade the watch I can put one up in the sales corner.

D&R&E

8/10/11
@D&R&E: If you are worried concerning the print issues,l it would be easy to install a gen dial to make the watch more gen like.
The dial isn't that hard to get. I you want to upgrade the watch I can put one up in the sales corner.

Amazing. Ill PM you.

D&R&E

8/10/11
I just got my QC images and I am not happy with the alignment of the date in the window. The biggest reason I got the M+F version was because of the date flaw in the other versions. Am I being picky?

Teetertank

Known Member
4/5/22
UK
Hi, so in the end what justifies the 100$ difference in your opinion ?

Old thread I know, but been looking at purchasing one of these pilot watches and noticed the difference for M+F factory compared to V7 and GS.

Wondering if anyone has any updates on differences between these models?