• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

M+F Mark(s) XVIII

raggedalex

Horology Curious
9/10/18
This is my 4th QC:

The watch actually looks fantastic, but they never get the DW right, this one is too low. I'm sending this back yet again.

VT92GX.jpg

VT9xyy.jpg

VT99HG.jpg

You are sending back this watch? Are you some sort of a psycopath? The datewheel is off by less than a tenth of a millimeter, you'll never get a better result

andyaudi42

11/11/07
This is my 4th QC:

The watch actually looks fantastic, but they never get the DW right, this one is too low. I'm sending this back yet again.

VT92GX.jpg

VT9xyy.jpg

VT99HG.jpg
Just send to me and I'll fix your problem, by taking it off your hands so you don't have to look at it :p

ssr905

1/11/18
Spain
875b6750d8ffa4fcd2720d25c70dfc7f.jpg
I have this beauty on the way! Got a Rios mocha strap to go with, I’ll post when it gets here.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

ssr905

1/11/18
Spain
29dbf6bd592e6a70c807f851f63787d6.jpg
26c31f179e78e940389f0c49af1e533c.jpg

Just got it in! I threw out the strap and got a Rios buffalo leather strap that suits it much better.
The case feels very solid, the matte titanium looks like it can weather being an everyday watch.

andyaudi42

11/11/07
29dbf6bd592e6a70c807f851f63787d6.jpg
26c31f179e78e940389f0c49af1e533c.jpg

Just got it in! I threw out the strap and got a Rios buffalo leather strap that suits it much better.
The case feels very solid, the matte titanium looks like it can weather being an everyday watch.

Any hint of blue ar?

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
I ordered the MARK XVIII IW327006 TITANIUM M+F and was pretty shocked because it came with a Miyota. I wanted to swap the movement to an ETA, that‘s why I recognized it. My TD said it was wrong on the website and all M+F have a Miyota movement. Could please someone check?

ssr905 do you have a asian clone movement inside yours?

Last edited:

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
I ordered the MARK XVIII IW327006 TITANIUM M+F and was pretty shocked because it came with a Miyota. I wanted to swap the movement to an ETA, that‘s why I recognized it. My TD said it was wrong on the website and all M+F have a Miyota movement. Could please someone check?

Interesting. It worries me a bit .

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
You can imagine that I wasn‘t really happy about that. I‘m not sure if I got a MKF and they just tell me stories to keep the money for the M+F, +100$ difference.

It would be really nice if someone can open his M+F to check their movement.

Last edited:

David1886

3/6/19
I am posting a review today, after some months of ownership ;)

Unfortunately i can not open the movement for the moment, maybe in the future at my watchmaker.

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
I have to take back my suspicion, my TD has clarified the situation after I asked him again. The story short:

The QC Department sendt me the wrong watch from MKF, I asked them why they sendt me a watch with Miyota when the M+F is stated with A2892, they asked their Maker (unfortunately MKF and not M+F) and replied to me that the maker said, all their watches are coming with Miyota :frusty:

So everything is a biiiiigggg misunderstanding.......the M+F does come with a A2892 and everything ist fine. They just sendt me the wrong watch and also the TD is now willing to pay my 100$ back.

IWC_man

Known Member
19/4/18
Sydney, Australia

this is concering! which TD was that?

af_newbie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/19
Canada

You should have ordered V7F version

https://puretimewatch.io/mark-xviii...ial-on-black-leather-strap-swiss-eta2892.html

I got the white dial version and I love it.

https://puretimewatch.io/mark-xviii...ial-on-black-leather-strap-swiss-eta2892.html

Reactions: Cane3112

Fukaru

Known Member
26/11/18
Everything is allright, please read my last post:

I have to take back my suspicion, my TD has clarified the situation after I asked him again. The story short:

The QC Department sendt me the wrong watch from MKF, I asked them why they sendt me a watch with Miyota when the M+F is stated with A2892, they asked their Maker (unfortunately MKF and not M+F) and replied to me that the maker said, all their watches are coming with Miyota :frusty:

So everything is a biiiiigggg misunderstanding.......the M+F does come with a A2892 and everything ist fine. They just sendt me the wrong watch and also the TD is now willing to pay my 100$ back.

iflyjetplanes

Horology Curious
19/7/19

What do you think of the white dial version? I've been eyeing it but the pics on puretime show two different airplanes on the back casing; one is the legit plane (the junkers 52), the other pic is a close up of the P-38 Lightning which is only on the brown dial Antoine de Saint edition. Also in the pics the top triangle lume marker looks to be angular more like the black dial version; the gen white dial version has a "puffy" or "bubble" triangle lume marker. Am curious if you see the same on your V7F since people consider it a super rep.

af_newbie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/19
Canada
What do you think of the white dial version? I've been eyeing it but the pics on puretime show two different airplanes on the back casing; one is the legit plane (the junkers 52), the other pic is a close up of the P-38 Lightning which is only on the brown dial Antoine de Saint edition. Also in the pics the top triangle lume marker looks to be angular more like the black dial version; the gen white dial version has a "puffy" or "bubble" triangle lume marker. Am curious if you see the same on your V7F since people consider it a super rep.

I am on the road right now. On Friday I'll post some pics of the V7F version that I received. I looked at it, wore it for two days and I did not see anything wrong with it, and it runs +3 sec/day out of the box/without regulating.

The strap is kinda cheap looking, but so is the gen strap. I got aftermarket straps for it.

It is kinda long, with 51mm lug-to-lug. It looks ok on my 6 3/4" wrist, but if your wrist is smaller than that it might too big for you.