• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

M+F Mark(s) XVIII

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
Has anyone of you already bought a watch from M + F? Can you say anything about them? It's been a while, but nobody writes anything. Any update?
I am very interested in Mark XVIII IW327006 Titanium Grand. But for now, no feedback.

Last edited:

mujidominic

Renowned Member
28/8/15
They look great in the flesh, lume triangle may be not as 3D as I'd like it to be but in general it looks like gen. There are serious QC issues though, I ordered mine a few weeks ago and my dealer is still trying to pick a good sample, the first QC had dirty DW and second had a loose minute hand.

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
Ok, can you post some photos from QC? keep us informed because I am very interested in Mark. The pictures look amazing.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
They look great in the flesh, lume triangle may be not as 3D as I'd like it to be but in general it looks like gen. There are serious QC issues though, I ordered mine a few weeks ago and my dealer is still trying to pick a good sample, the first QC had dirty DW and second had a loose minute hand.

That's bad news considering their asking price

Reactions: IWC_man

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
For this price there should be no more compromises and the watch should just be GEN.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA

Thanks for share the experience of QC, I was think to get one, but since I saw your experience. I think I am gonna hold on.
BTW, any good news with QC so far?

Form all TD, they info seems like the M+F factory have best QC base on they were said they have 90 day movement test control. Maybe they just BS on it?

I mean for that price I will buy it as they have great QC better then ZF and has correct 3d effect on the the triangle on 12 clock, (that is why I was sold my ZF big pilot heritage, because the triangle is not has 3d as gen, and don't see ZF has any update V2 on it).

seedeetee

Renowned Member
27/3/17
Anyone know how the M+F Mark XVIII compares to the MKS v2? Thanks! :)

edward01

Horology Curious
21/5/19
I support the question, I plan to order iwc mark XVIII and choose between m+f factory or mks, what do you advise?

Reactions: seedeetee

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
Looks very nice, show some pictures when she arrives.
A Gen - Rep comparison would be nice though, as in other IWC models, flaws like different dial color or 3D effect in hands and markers are known.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Just saw the QC pics here.
I am speechless:
They charge >400 USD for a watch with no ss bracelet, insufficient AR coating, inaccurate date font and serious QC flaws (look at the crooked marker at 3 o clock).

Last edited:
Reactions: utopia13

drmckenn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
13/11/15
I have the MKS version and Date font looks better on the MKS version.
I do find that the MKS version has some sharper edges near the inside of the lugs (Picky).
I got one with the steel bracelet, and one SEL fits perfectly, the other is very difficult to install / remove.
Just received a leather pilot strap from ZicZac, and I highly recommend it...looks much better than the rep strap.

Reactions: aussieboyhehe

mujidominic

Renowned Member
28/8/15
This is my 4th QC:

The watch actually looks fantastic, but they never get the DW right, this one is too low. I'm sending this back yet again.

VT92GX.jpg

VT9xyy.jpg

VT99HG.jpg

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
This is my 4th QC:

The watch actually looks fantastic, but they never get the DW right, this one is too low. I'm sending this back yet again.

VT92GX.jpg

VT9xyy.jpg

VT99HG.jpg

Looks good to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
This is my 4th QC:

VT92GX.jpg

VT9xyy.jpg

VT99HG.jpg

On any watch, the date does not snap to the exact centered position on every day. There is nothing wrong with that watch