• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help in deciding Portugieser-500705

deadcigar

Horology Curious
4/10/14
Hi,
I am relatively new to the rep world and have read upmteen wonderful info on the watches. Must say, have fallen in the trap to buy one for my elder brother, he loves IWC. I am planning to buy 500705/ may change my decision- If someone suggests any other Portugeiser which is close to a Gen. Need support-
1. Currently is ZF-V4 the best one?
2. Are there other factories manufacturing, something better than ZF
3. Is the day-date-month -5035 is more closer to Gen?
4. Finally which TD would one recommend for IWC.

I am asking a lot of questions, reason I want to surprise my brother,at the same time I do not know for sure, what exactly he follows. I am pretty sure that he like Portugeiser series ...simple ones.

​Thanks in advance for supporting

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
I am new, but I will help you understand what TD means. Trusted dealer. This name is not accidental. So - every TD is worth trusting.

Last edited:

deadcigar

Horology Curious
4/10/14
Thanks buddy for replying, I was aware about TDs....my question which one has better reps of IWC in general..

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
They all have the same reps from the same factories.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

deadcigar

Horology Curious
4/10/14
Thanks for the update higginsd ..so do you suggest ZF-V4 is the latest and I should stick to ZF factory? I am kind of sure to buy the Portugeiser

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
I only wanted to say no TD has "better" IWCs than other TDs. If the ZF-v4 is actually the best version (which maybe correct because ZF was the first factory releasing this rep) then it's the same at every TD.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
ZF V4 is the most current rep of the 5007 from ZF. YLF also makes this one. The dial on the YLF is not as good & there are some issues with some of the engravings on the movement on both. Overall I think ZF V4 is still the best, but others might have a different opinion.

deadcigar

Horology Curious
4/10/14
Thanks Nanook65 for taking time out to post a reply. I was little confused as some of the others said it's V5 from ZF and Puretime-Jeniffer confirmed that there is a V5 of 5007 from ZF. Would you have any idea about that?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Ok, well that is news to me. PureTime does not have a ZF V5 on their website & there has not been any talk about it. Maybe there is a V5 but they don't have pictures yet. I don't know, this doesn't make sense.

I guess there have been raids recently too so getting information can be slow for a while.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Sorry to resuscitate an old thread :) I've been considering the IWC 5007 but was never really bought because of the subdials that looked too shiny for me (I used to have an old IWC 3714 with shiny subdials and it looked really fake and cheap).

Now I stumbled upon this video, which seems to show that not only are the subdials of the ZF (apparently V5) not so shiny, but also that the gen has a slight shine to them as well.

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDIyNTA4MTYzMg==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_5.dtitle

Rep looks pretty good in that video, and it even looks like they have corrected the length of the PR and second hands (which I red used to be a small flaw). Now of course it depends on the lighting etc.

What are your thoughts on this v5? Haven't found any information on that latest model and the more recent posts seem to be almost a year old. Anyone has handled it and has anyone by any chance handled both gen and rep?

Thanks in advance!

Chopstickninja

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/17
Sorry to resuscitate an old thread :) I've been considering the IWC 5007 but was never really bought because of the subdials that looked too shiny for me (I used to have an old IWC 3714 with shiny subdials and it looked really fake and cheap).

Now I stumbled upon this video, which seems to show that not only are the subdials of the ZF (apparently V5) not so shiny, but also that the gen has a slight shine to them as well.

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDIyNTA4MTYzMg==.html?spm=a2h0c.8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_5.dtitle

Rep looks pretty good in that video, and it even looks like they have corrected the length of the PR and second hands (which I red used to be a small flaw). Now of course it depends on the lighting etc.

What are your thoughts on this v5? Haven't found any information on that latest model and the more recent posts seem to be almost a year old. Anyone has handled it and has anyone by any chance handled both gen and rep?

Thanks in advance!
Risky click mate sorry.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tobel

6/7/17
https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_....8166622.PhoneSokuUgc_5.dtitle

Hi mate, this link wants me to install an app to watch a video.
Also offering a free bump

That's youku, it's the Chinese YouTube. It wants you to install the Youku app. There's nothing fishy in that. But you can watch the video without installing the app, especially on a computer. In any case I'm asking the opinion of people who have the watch, so the video is FYI

Chopstickninja

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/17
I would never install it just based on the fact its Chinese, also not due to racism. More nation sponsored attack/bad actors/vectors.

Tobel

6/7/17
I would never install it just based on the fact its Chinese, also not due to racism. More nation sponsored attack/bad actors/vectors.

As I said you can watch the video without installing the app, and in any case I'm not asking people to comment the video but I'm looking for first hand experience. So can we get back on topic now please? Thanks