• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How Durable is the ZF Ceramic Material

saliansw6

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/18
I have been debating between 2 ZF Big Pilot Models, the IW5009-12 and the IW5020-01 Top Gun. My only concern is the durability of the ceramic case of the top gun. How have the ZF ceramic cases held up and has anyone had any cracking issues? Thanks in advance.

Petruo

27/6/18
Hey i bought the zf Top Gun chronograph a few years ago. The ceramic is absolute scratch resistent. But dont let it smash on the ground it could Break. The Nuggets Problem of the zf was the Ultra poor Qualität. The Plastik Lume part on the dial was missaligned and you cold See the glue behind. After one Month the asi valjou gave up. My Watch Maler has Problems to fix. It Took 1 month. One year later the lume took yellow and the screw from the crown is drstroyd. Cant screw it in snymore. Also the rotor of the Watch was extre Loud.

dont buy zf.....

Reactions: vcappp and klik88

shaidx

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/7/12
you drop it on the ground from a couple feet, it shatters. been there done that

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
you drop it on the ground from a couple feet, it shatters. been there done that

you will probably also have other problems after dropping a mechanical watch from a few feet ;)

shouldn't happen with a steel watch either...

Reactions: MrBeasy

saliansw6

12/10/18
Thanks for the info. Definitely dont want to risk shattering the ceramic even if the chances are low