Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

How Durable is the ZF Ceramic Material

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Durable is the ZF Ceramic Material

I have been debating between 2 ZF Big Pilot Models, the IW5009-12 and the IW5020-01 Top Gun. My only concern is the durability of the ceramic case of the top gun. How have the ZF ceramic cases held up and has anyone had any cracking issues? Thanks in advance.

Hey i bought the zf Top Gun chronograph a few years ago. The ceramic is absolute scratch resistent. But dont let it smash on the ground it could Break. The Nuggets Problem of the zf was the Ultra poor Qualität. The Plastik Lume part on the dial was missaligned and you cold See the glue behind. After one Month the asi valjou gave up. My Watch Maler has Problems to fix. It Took 1 month. One year later the lume took yellow and the screw from the crown is drstroyd. Cant screw it in snymore. Also the rotor of the Watch was extre Loud.

dont buy zf.....

Comment

you drop it on the ground from a couple feet, it shatters. been there done that
      Wish list:

got an AP ?

Comment

Originally posted by shaidx View Post
        you drop it on the ground from a couple feet, it shatters. been there done that
        you will probably also have other problems after dropping a mechanical watch from a few feet

shouldn't happen with a steel watch either...

Comment

Thanks for the info. Definitely dont want to risk shattering the ceramic even if the chances are low

Comment

Working...
          X