• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New to IWC

magpie80

11/1/14
Just pulled the trigger on my first IWC from Ryan at Intime, I’ve gone for the Big Pilot IW500908 ZF V2 1:1 Le Petit Prince Best Edition. Been looking for a while now and always had no issues with Ryan (4th watch).

Will keep you updated once I’ve taken delivery, like a kid waiting for Xmas now

Azule1

Horology Curious
15/5/18
Very nice, would have to be one of my favourite big pilot models!

Post some pics once you have it

magpie80

11/1/14
Is it true that the date wheel is almost impossible to get aligned central? I’ve received my first set of QC pictures which I’ve rejected due to it being misaligned but the TD has come back and said it’s almost impossible to get central but he will request another watch to compare?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

dweller 89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/18
Is it true that the date wheel is almost impossible to get aligned central? I’ve received my first set of QC pictures which I’ve rejected due to it being misaligned but the TD has come back and said it’s almost impossible to get central but he will request another watch to compare?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

That’s correct, have the same watch and I just tap it once or twice from the left side and it centers. Don’t ask me why but it works. Otherwise a great watch.
Hope that helps.

Sent from the RWI App

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
ZF IWCs always have shitty alignment. I gave up trying to get a v4 Portuguese for this very reason.

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada
TD agreed its slightly offset to the left.

You have a very patient TD. Do you realize the border of the window is casting a tiny amount of shadow on the date wheel at the left edge? It's giving the illusion that there's maybe about 0.005" less white space on the left side of the number than on the right, while the actual difference is probably about 0.001". If this really bothers you, then my advice to you is to always choose watches without date display.

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
The interesting part is that the numbers itself are unequal aligned in my case. While the one Digit might be fine, the tens are not aligned, the Twens are fine again....