• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XVIII Pilot Movement

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
hey all,

is it normal that when I screw in my crown, it still has the feel of the resistance of winding the movement?

its only on my IWC pieces (XVIII and Vintage ingy)

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada
I'm pretty sure screwing down the crown continues to input tension to the spring. When I wind my ZF big pilot, I always stop when the power reserve needle is around 6 days, since it continues to go up further as I screw down the crown. Then it ends up close to the 7 day mark when I'm done.

Lately though, with my noob CrPO, the rotor sometimes whirls around really fast as I'm winding and screwing in the crown. When this happens, it seems like I can feel some extra resistance. I don't think it's meant to happen... I gather that it might be a lubrication issue. I likely need to have the movement oiled and/or cleaned. I'm very much a novice regarding movement function, however.

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
Interesting. Not sure I could chalk it up to the movement...

As for my Rollie’s, once I push the crown in to its 1st position then push down again to screw in, I feel no winding of the movement. It’s literally just the feeling of screwing down something akin to a bolt and a screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rufus7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/19
South Florida
I have the same issue and suspect the same problem, interested if you have any updates or a watchsmith can give more detail.

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
I have the same issue and suspect the same problem, interested if you have any updates or a watchsmith can give more detail.

no updates here mate, just left it as is. I was hoping another member with similar experience would post some insight.

bungoca

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/13
SpootyPuff I tried this morning, and indeed it does keep winding the movement. I guess it is a normal behaviour because I had the 9015 serviced last week, and the watchsmith said it was all perfect (except for the rotor sound, wich can be corrected applying certaing grease to the rotor)

So, dont worry anymore about this.

Reactions: SpootyPuff

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
bungoca thanks for the confirmation bro! I've just never had a miyota before - guess I'll treat it as normal! Much appreciated!

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
This is present on genuine IWC too.