• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC pics for 3777, quick question

jmhtsai

Looking Around
16/5/14
Hi all,

Just received the QC pic for the 3777. Not sure if this is a lighting problem, but the red triangle by the date is obviously off compared to the red pointer at 9.
Not sure if this is just lighting issue or obvious flaw? Hope you guys can "shed" some light on this.

https://imgur.com/a/4pbGz9U

Triangle at 12 looks crooked it, but could be due to lighting I guess. Too bad this is the only front facing picture I've got for QC.

Thanks!!

YatchMister

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/19
Italia
The quality of the photo is too low for judge, for what i can see, for me it’s a good one.

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Hi all,

Just received the QC pic for the 3777. Not sure if this is a lighting problem, but the red triangle by the date is obviously off compared to the red pointer at 9.
Not sure if this is just lighting issue or obvious flaw? Hope you guys can "shed" some light on this.

https://imgur.com/a/4pbGz9U

Triangle at 12 looks crooked it, but could be due to lighting I guess. Too bad this is the only front facing picture I've got for QC.

Thanks!!

Ask your TD for a close up

dee306

9/1/14
Picture of dial is not straight on, and slightly angled. I have two IWC 3880-01 and one 3880-02 by ZF, all three overall great. On one of the 3880-01's, the date window (altimeter style) was slightly off center vertically, and the whole dial was slightly off in a CW direction. The watch in this QC seems to have that issue as well, but you may be able to open the case back and rotate the dial/movement assembly and fix the problem on your own. Red triangle to the right of the date window is a little off seems like, but not bad. The seconds chrono hand looks off center to the 12-hour triangle marker as well, but this is common in these IWC reps (again get another close up, front-on dial shot) . For me, it's satisfactory.

YatchMister

6/1/19
Italia
Picture of dial is not straight on, and slightly angled. I have two IWC 3880-01 and one 3880-02 by ZF, all three overall great. On one of the 3880-01's, the date window (altimeter style) was slightly off center vertically, and the whole dial was slightly off in a CW direction. The watch in this QC seems to have that issue as well, but you may be able to open the case back and rotate the dial/movement assembly and fix the problem on your own. Red triangle to the right of the date window is a little off seems like, but not bad. The seconds chrono hand looks off center to the 12-hour triangle marker as well, but this is common in these IWC reps (again get another close up, front-on dial shot) . For me, it's satisfactory.

Wow, you’re an iwc addicted!! Have u one with blue dial?! If yes, how is the sunburnst effect of the dial!? I will buy a petit prince, it seems well done in photos.

dee306

9/1/14
Wow, you’re an iwc addicted!! Have u one with blue dial?! If yes, how is the sunburnst effect of the dial!? I will buy a petit prince, it seems well done in photos.

Haha, IWC is definitely one of my favourite watchmakers
I have a gen 3714 Portuguese chrono and some rep pilots and a 7-day Portugieser. My rep 7-day Portugieser is by ZF with a blue dial. I would say the sunburst effect is actually quite good on the rep! I am quite certain the LPP variants have a similar sunburst effect. There should be a thread on the comparison to gen somewhere.

dee306

9/1/14
Dude, you joined in 2014 and have made 2 posts....?
just accept it and move on

lol, I thought you were talking about me, as I also had an account since 2014. I don't have much more posts either though :bye2:
Decided to come out under the rock.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
lol, I thought you were talking about me, as I also had an account since 2014. I don't have much more posts either though :bye2:
Decided to come out under the rock.

No, not you. The op