• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Annual Calendar 3035 YLF V2 is out

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I see on Puretime they have listed 4 different variations of IWC Annual Calendar from YLF V2 now
https://puretime.io/portuguese-real...markers-on-black-leather-strap-a52850-v2.html

It looks like they have fixed the spelling blunders. I just spoke to Mary and she said that she thought with V2 she felt that the YLF is better for less money.
Pics from Puretime. They are not 100% the best pics, but it does look like an improvement.

Reactions: vcappp

Mindwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
22/5/18
Looks like they are using now the ZF deco plate. But the GEN has 36 jewels so the deco plate is still wrong :)

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Ylf v1 has ridiculously bad engravings. Ylf v2 has cleaned up all but the 36 jewels thing. The ZF has fixed some engravings, but introduced other engraving flaws. I have the ylf V2 on order so I'll report back when I get it.

I'm not sure there is a consensus.

They just came out with these. It will be a while before they're is an update so I wouldn't wait.

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
The dial seems better on the ZF. At least, the hour indices are centered. The YLF v.2 didn't fix that. The "Annual Calendar" font is better on the ZF, as well. Compare the "A" and "R" to the gen. Since the dial is more visible than the rear engravings, I'd take the ZF.

Simonbolivar

Renowned Member
17/2/13
Long Island, New York
I had the YLF v1, In rose gold and it was a very solid watch, and the quality was much better than what ZF normally puts out. Only complaint was that the strap was horrendous, and needed an immediate upgrade before wearing out of the house. Movement was stupidly accurate +1 sec every 2-3 days.

Sure there were a few issues with movement spellings/engravings..., but let’s be real, if someone has their nose pressed up against the case back they have already figured out it’s a rep.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
The dial seems better on the ZF. At least, the hour indices are centered. The YLF v.2 didn't fix that. The "Annual Calendar" font is better on the ZF, as well. Compare the "A" and "R" to the gen. Since the dial is more visible than the rear engravings, I'd take the ZF.

Can you be more explicit and point out what you are talking about? I don't see it. I guess I am talking about the hour indices

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
Can you be more explicit and point out what you are talking about? I don't see it. I guess I am talking about the hour indices

YLF V2:
iwc2019022702-02.jpg

ZF:
iwc2019012601-02.jpg

Look at the hour markers, on the outer ring next to the numerals. The ZF hour markers are centered on the outer ring, as per the gen. The YLF hour markers are off-center and are slightly farther away from the rehaut.

Reactions: Ecender and ffuhcu

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Mind posting some pictures when its in hand? also what color did you go with?

yes, I will post some good close up pics when I get it. It will probably be a couple weeks before I get them up, but I will do it. I ordered the white dial with ss markers & hands