• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pilot Chronograph 3717. Is it still around?

stu00a

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/12/10
USA
I'm trying to find a TD who carries 3717. I used to have one with Kevlar strap on and it was a killer combo but I don't see a lot of thread talking about this watch. I really want to try it with the stainless steel bracelet this time.

Anyone recently bought one from TD or is this discontinued?

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
As far as I know, it's long out of production. I'm looking for it for a few years and no luck. Hardest watch ever to find anywhere. :( At least in my case lol

Reactions: jttou

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Got it in 2007 if I r emember correctly, it was serviced immediately and is still running flawlessly...:rolleyes:

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
I have one of these I got from someone years back, but it needs work and I never got around to it. It has a crack in the xtal and a problem with the clasp, but a Swiss 7750 he put in, but cut the stem too short & apparently missing or loose spring for the datewheel & whoever put the movement in was none to clean/careful, which is odd because the hands are perfectly aligned. Has lots of links in the bracelet.

Up for grabs for trade/karma/whatever if someone really wants one & has the time for it.

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19

I was lucky to find one used. Upgraded it today with a gen dial, swiss7750 with German datewheel and gen hands (except the small red seconds hand). Still one of my favorite IWC pilots watches from the good old days.

Reactions: pancorjackhammer

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15

I was lucky to find one used. Upgraded it today with a gen dial, swiss7750 with German datewheel and gen hands (except the small red seconds hand). Still one of my favorite IWC pilots watches from the good old days.

Very nice build.
I thought the swiss7750 cannot take on A7750 subdial hands - how did you manage to use the red one?

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19
I guess I had luck with the tolerances of the stem. I didn't take more force to fit it on the stem than with the two white subdial hands. (However, I'm still on the hunt for a gen red subdial hand).

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
I guess I had luck with the tolerances of the stem. I didn't take more force to fit it on the stem than with the two white subdial hands. (However, I'm still on the hunt for a gen red subdial hand).

Wear it in good health

Flaskevin

Known Member
31/3/15

Luckily, I have the 3717. I've had it on a black strap since I bought it, so it's time to try it on a brown strap. May I ask where you got your strap? It looks very good!

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19
Luckily, I have the 3717. I've had it on a black strap since I bought it, so it's time to try it on a brown strap. May I ask where you got your strap? It looks very good!

It's a gen 21mm IWC Pilot strap made from calf leather (It's from the pre-Santoni days. Almost similar than the strap the 2019 spitfire chrono comes on).

Reactions: Flaskevin