Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

New IWC Pilot Chrono Top Gun Miramar 389002

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by bwoah! View Post
    Just received this from Intime. As others mentioned earlier it's not 100% accurate (Embossed inner dial at 12, should be sunken). The band is stiff and the clamp is not the easiest to close. Looking to replace the band with a Gen or other option. Considered an Alpina StarTimer or a Damasko DC56 (Not easy to find these days). But Iiked the looks of this IWC and for $400+ I'm happy for now. Other two mentioned maybe an option down the road if I can get a deal on them.
    Nice! Thanks for sharing. Looks like ZF improved on the strap compared to their previous 3880-01, which I have, and tossed its strap immediately. Chrono minute and hour counter work well?

    Comment


      #17
      Feel free to correct me gents, but I had assumed the 12oclock subdial was supposed to have sunken center as per gen. But as I googled "IWC389001" and went straight to pics , I'm seeing gen websites listing gen sales of this model with the "raised" subdial instead of sunken..could it possibly be a gen batch variation??

      Comment


        #18
        Example 1: https://www.authenticwatches.com/iwc...l#.XIMriR5OkwA

        Example 2: https://timetransformed.com/2016/02/...-gun-iw389001/

        Comment


          #19
          Looks to me like double-sunken, like all the other gen pics I've seen.
          Formerly: BadSamaritan

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by dee306 View Post

            Nice! Thanks for sharing. Looks like ZF improved on the strap compared to their previous 3880-01, which I have, and tossed its strap immediately. Chrono minute and hour counter work well?
            The minute counter at 6 sweeps, however, the hour at 12 I believe is faux, as it doesn't move. After wearing for a while I find the band fine. Movement is loud but has been keeping good time from what I see.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by bwoah! View Post

              The minute counter at 6 sweeps, however, the hour at 12 I believe is faux, as it doesn't move. After wearing for a while I find the band fine. Movement is loud but has been keeping good time from what I see.
              Looked on InTime, and reports the subdial at '12' has two working chronograph hands. Pictures on TrustyTime also have the hour hand at subdial at '12' in various positions as well.

              Comment


                #22
                Hi I got the black dial one recently!
                Check out my review here! https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...3890-01-review

                Cheers!

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by dee306 View Post

                  Looked on InTime, and reports the subdial at '12' has two working chronograph hands. Pictures on TrustyTime also have the hour hand at subdial at '12' in various positions as well.
                  I stand corrected the dial at 12 does function when you have the seconds hand active

                  Comment


                    #24
                    So impressive ZF was able to do that! Apparently flyback function works as well according to @galla07

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X