• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release from ZF: Portuguese Tourbillon

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I like it. I think its a much better attempt than most tourbillon watches out there. The tourbillon cage is usually the biggest giveaway but at least this is fairly similar to the real shape. Not sure what happened with the deco plate, looks miles off, not the usual zf quality. Great to see extra complications on tourbillons though!

Reactions: vcappp

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Also apparently 1mm thinner than the gen... seems unlikely but fair play if it is!

ever glow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/16
Just ordered....there are 2 major flaws.
-On date indicator, 23 is printed as 21.
- tourbillon window too big compared to gen.

looking thru all the pics on puretime, etc, seems this is the case for all.

still a beautiful watch despite the tells. Just sharing in case anyone is considering or if zf wans a v2.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11

still a beautiful watch despite the tells. Just sharing in case anyone is considering or if zf wans a v2.

That date printing flaw is a big flaw. LOL

How stupid is that.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
suddenly at least 3 different versions (different position of sub dials/Tourbillon) of ZF IWC Portuguese Tourbillon watch are released in the market. with different dial colors. so at least 6 - 9 variations total with the combination are suddenly released. not quite sure if they are really from ZF ? even if it says ZF, they don’t not like top quality like ZF. just curious why...????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

austonmatthews

MULTI ACCOUNT
17/10/17

Could you post a video once you receive it?

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
suddenly at least 3 different versions (different position of sub dials/Tourbillon) of ZF IWC Portuguese Tourbillon watch are released in the market. with different dial colors. so at least 6 - 9 variations total with the combination are suddenly released. not quite sure if they are really from ZF ? even if it says ZF, they don’t not like top quality like ZF. just curious why...????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those is old stock watch from different factory for sure, my guess is somehow ZF agree to use they name to sell it,to see if can sell well, because was not selling well.. lol

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Im looking into buying this model myself. anh thougts about it? : https://puretime.io/portuguese-tourb...er-strap.html#
Wich vendor would suit me best? i bought from puretime before in the past.
Hi. The one you are looking at is a fantasy model i think. First of all this color combination does not exist in gen. Secondly the gen is a manual wind. This ZF one is automatic. The only one's close to gen in the IW5463 series are the grey dial manual and the Middle East limited edition emerald Green one's. Both are manual from YLF factory. I got my grey dial from puretime

KilowattHour

18/4/19
Hi. The one you are looking at is a fantasy model i think. First of all this color combination does not exist in gen. Secondly the gen is a manual wind. This ZF one is automatic. The only one's close to gen in the IW5463 series are the grey dial manual and the Middle East limited edition emerald Green one's. Both are manual from YLF factory. I got my grey dial from puretime
Great looking watch, but it seems to be hard to find. I only see Puretime selling it, but I wonder if it's even really available, considering that no one else lists it anymore, That's an awesome looking strap too. Where did you get the strap from?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Great looking watch, but it seems to be hard to find. I only see Puretime selling it, but I wonder if it's even really available, considering that no one else lists it anymore, That's an awesome looking strap too. Where did you get the strap from?

I think it's available at Puretime. I got mine about 3 weeks ago. You should go for it if you want it. It'll probably be hard to get in a few months. Many people are asking about it. And ZF released some flawed models with a lot of fantasy color combinations that doesn't exist in gen. If TDs have gone over to the ZF models instead, they won't be selling this YLF model.

I've only seen 3-4 tourbillon watches which have such a great replication of the tourbillon. This watch is one of them; the details of the tourbillon are awesome and very close to the gen. Another being a VC 14 day power reserve tourbillon and a Breguet. Both have gone out of production.

Oh... and forgot about the Strap. It's a custom handmade one from Jacobstraps:
https://jacobstraps.com/index.php?id_product=156&controller=product&id_lang=3

Last edited:
Reactions: webby48