• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Iwc portofino Gen replication out from AF

jacobpegpog

Horology Curious
29/5/19
I placed an order for the portofino rose gold Automatic with A2892 motor from MK via Lucy, but have been told that MK have stopped manufacturing with an A2892 and only now do this on a Miyota.

Is anyone familiar with FKF or 96KF? I see these factories have the A2892 available with rose gold but no awareness of them.

Thanks

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I placed an order for the portofino rose gold Automatic with A2892 motor from MK via Lucy, but have been told that MK have stopped manufacturing with an A2892 and only now do this on a Miyota.

Is anyone familiar with FKF or 96KF? I see these factories have the A2892 available with rose gold but no awareness of them.

Thanks

It’s good Rep and Gen replication the black one and DW very accurate I will share comparison next days..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Fk factory very accurate and best choice at the moment, only black dial they have Gen sample DW very accurate, crown engraving better than AF with black sun burst , and now available with mech bracelet, nor sure about mech how close to Gen , waiting Side by side comparison, I have video comparison iwill share it when Full comparison available..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
The flaw in FK hand not 3D same MK issue, AF get it correct but pricey!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Excellent rep but not a watch that sings to me.

GlobetrotterBoy

24/3/17
Is this version still considered a super rep and would the white or black dial be the better choice in that respect?

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
So I have just pulled the trigger for the white dial one. As soon as I have it I can post some nice shots of the watch.
I will order a brown leather strap for it and make it a dresswatch for the office.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
So my watch arrived a few days ago and after giving it some wristtime, I decided to post a few pics here. I really love this watch and I am impressed by the quality of it.
The only issue like others have mentioned before, is the strap. But I have ordered a custom made one before the watch arrived so it should be here soon.
Enjoy the shots and mybe they might be helpful if you are considering this watch.

dev1ant

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Looking good. Poor quality straps is pretty much a feature to every rep unless the TD has some rare offer (PT used to offer IWC stamped gator straps with higher quality but still ~$120 USD each)

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
So my watch arrived a few days ago and after giving it some wristtime, I decided to post a few pics here. I really love this watch and I am impressed by the quality of it.
The only issue like others have mentioned before, is the strap. But I have ordered a custom made one before the watch arrived so it should be here soon.......

I have been threatening for a long time to buy one of these with the white dial just like you have as I am a bit long on Divers and short on dress watches, but I just haven't gotten to it. Beautiful watch!

Your pics are too yellow/Orange. This comes mostly from an incorrectly set white balance. You need to play with it a little to see what looks best, but what ever setting you have it on is too warm. ie it is set at a white balance value that is too high. I find this setting to be pretty touchy and since most people just go with one of the automatic settings it often results in pics like this. Try a custom white balance and starting with what you have lower it by maybe 200 and then take a dozen pics lowering by 200 each time. If you look at all of the pics you can then go back and narrow it down even further if you want, but that will get you close.

As far as the straps go I have tried a lot of different custom strap makers. For Dress watches Orloff and JacobStraps are the two that stick out to me as very nice & yet somewhat affordable. $125 ish.. ZicZac is the best low end bang for the buck. Not as nice as the first two I mentioned, but roughly 1/2 the price.

Reactions: Time_Wizard