• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Iwc portofino Gen replication out from AF

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
I have the AF Portofino and wear it as my daily watch for work.
Very happy with the quality overall.

However, I am bit skeptical about the A2892 power reserve of my watch.
I usually need to wind the watch every 48 hours even though I am wearing it every day.

In comparison, I have another replica (Sub ARF with 2824 clone) and it lasts longer than the AF even though I am not wearing it that often..

Is that normal in your opinion? Should I service the movement?

Repworld what do you think mate? :)

Thanks in advance!

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

I usually need to wind the watch every 48 hours even though I am wearing it every day.

In comparison, I have another replica (Sub ARF with 2824 clone) and it lasts longer than the AF even though I am not wearing it that often..

Thanks in advance!

This’s normal it’s clone movement not same Gen function I’m not movement expert , all my super Reps les 48 hours..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plantagenet

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
This’s normal it’s clone movement not same Gen function I’m not movement expert , all my super Reps les 48 hours..

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback.
Could always swap a gen ETA 2892 I guess?

BTW watch looks gorgeous with a custom strap made by ziczac leather!

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback.
Could always swap a gen ETA 2892 I guess?

BTW watch looks gorgeous with a custom strap made by ziczac leather!

Sorry no idea if it interchangeabl , it’s clone supposed yes..

jamingui

Known Member
24/8/16

Thanks in advance!

Same thing here with my AF Portofino. I serviced it and the power reserve improved tremendously.

Reactions: Plantagenet

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
Wow just when I was looking to buy the genuine Portofino I find this thread... A used one is found for not that much, but when I see the side by side comparison it feels stupid to pay 2500 euros.. Is the AF still the most recent version? I've had some rotor sound with miyota movements, is that an issue here? I know the AF isn't using a Miyota but is there any movement sounds?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Wow just when I was looking to buy the genuine Portofino I find this thread... A used one is found for not that much, but when I see the side by side comparison it feels stupid to pay 2500 euros.. Is the AF still the most recent version? I've had some rotor sound with miyota movements, is that an issue here? I know the AF isn't using a Miyota but is there any movement sounds?

Go AF no need for Gen , make sure Honest TD send AF , some TDS send another maker they have good relation with them..

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
Go AF no need for Gen , make sure Honest TD send AF , some TDS send another maker they have good relation with them..

I have used Intime before, they should send me the AF? Or what do you recommend? How do I know the difference between AF and other makers?

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
OK it seems like Intime doesn't have it on their website.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18

The watch is really loud.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Even the AF version? That doesn't have a Miyota?

I have the af version and it is loud. Miyota only has a loud rotor, the af version ticks loud af

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
AF supposed be clone, miyota noise like helicopter and fatty.
Watch on buying list , I have TD but not in RWI
What’s stop me waiting mech Bracelet , share plz pics specially crown first AF batch damaged engraving on the crown

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Thank you for your info, then "get it serviced ASAP" could make the watch even better, right?

Is it the rotor? - Sorry, I hadn't read the next page.

Idk if a service is needed tbh, if it makes it more silenced it would be cool.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Idk if a service is needed tbh, if it makes it more silenced it would be cool.

I have same movement in TW DA VINCI its very normal ticks , not noise like miyota so no need to worry no one can hear it even you ...

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
I have same movement in TW DA VINCI its very normal ticks , not noise like miyota so no need to worry no one can hear it even you ...

I can definitely hear the watch tick louder than my miyota.

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
AF supposed be clone, miyota noise like helicopter and fatty.
Watch on buying list , I have TD but not in RWI
What’s stop me waiting mech Bracelet , share plz pics specially crown first AF batch damaged engraving on the crown

it seems like Puretime have it on their website!

angiesim90

Looking Around
4/7/19
I'm after a Portofino and torn between the AF and FKF versions. Both use the same movement, I prefer the caseback on the AF but do you think it's worth the extra $90?

AHHH!! im in a dilemma. between AF and FKF is $90 differences but is there any differences actually ? is it worth the 90$ ?