• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Iwc portofino Gen replication out from AF

DARKEST

5/4/06
Just received the AF. Amazing rep, much much better than MK. Dial is amazing and the case work is perfect. It has the A2892 movement unlike the MK ones now with the Miyota. This could be a candidate to super rep. The only point is, doesn't matter what the TDs claim the strap is not real alligator. Although the pattern of the scales looks like real (unlike other straps which is evident is not real alligator) smells like rubber and the feel and touch is like rubber as well. (in the pic with a dark brown real alligator strap from Ziczac).

IMG-5298.jpg

Can you tell us what things are better thanMK version so it help others to choose which to buy

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
AF are making quite the name for themselves in the dress watch scene. Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DARKEST

5/4/06
Can you tell us what things are better thanMK version so it help others to choose which to buy

With respect he said the dial work was amazing and the case work perfect so it's reasonable to ask for some evifence of this ie comparative pics or if he claimed he compared 2 watches side by side. Anyone can make sweeping claims

igorce

Horology Curious
16/1/19
Will there be a RG now?
Because I want to buy my first IWC.
First I wanted the RG from MKF, but now I found this thread and the AF rep looks very good.

btoxxahn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/18
this watch looks so nice don't know why not many people interested, like over at reptime no one has bought it yet

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Any word on when the blue dial will be released?

Reactions: antiom85

FORTLEE

Looking Around
18/2/19
I just received my QC picture from ryan for the Portofino AF. The hand and roman number are black. Did anyone else receive the QC picture for the AF Portofino, is this a light/reflection issue or are the hands and roman number just black? IT is Greatly appreciated if the ppl who receive the AF version could share the information on this.

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
Hi everyone.
Could you clarify something for a new guy?

I saw the Portofino by AF listed as a super rep. However it does not seem like there is a consensus for the model discussed in this thread.

i am bit confused. Does it mean only an older version of Portofino AF is considered a super rep?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I'm very sure that's frowned upon in the rep community and would lead to servere repercussions here.

Great idea to walk into an AD and confess to corruption :D

nido

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/17
Hi everyone.

I saw the Portofino by AF listed as a super rep. However it does not seem like there is a consensus for the model discussed in this thread.

i am bit confused. Does it mean only an older version of Portofino AF is considered a super rep?

No, this is the Super Rep. The comparisons made it so.

Reactions: Plantagenet

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Hi everyone.

I shared comparison you can see how close to Gen , AF best rep at the moment, to more perfection just wait for new Batch , there’s no older batch only first batch, white Dial perfect DW Font but Dial color not match Gen 100% , black Dial 100% match Gen but DW little different from Gen , this game need long patience..