• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Le Petit Prince Chrono 377714

shamanblues999

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/18
Hello, just wanted to post a quick review on this ZF V2 "Le Petit Prince" which I bought from one of our TDs. I did a lot of research and in fact used many posts from RWI before I pulled the trigger (a lot of great info here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...14-le-petit-prince-blue-dial-leather-zf-a7750)
I am very happy with this rep and have pics below to share. Here are some conclusions:
- There are 2 main factories (ZF and V6F), the better one as per many comments is by ZF. Any TD should have it.
- The rep strap is not very good (not terrible either imo) but if I would go at it again I would get the ss bracelet. My rep came with a lighter brown santoni which feels a bit plasticky. I bought a used OEM and it makes a huge difference (see pics)
- The blue dial is slightly lighter than the gen (BUT not by much, in fact I think its indistinguishable as I went to an AD and couldn't tell the difference).
- Some have mentioned that the sunburst dial is not as crisp on the rep. I have some pics in the sun, I disagree, its awesome.
- Again the rep strap is not good, get a an OEM or a custom made one (have one coming from ziczac)
- Lume is also very nice
- I think this watch would look awesome on a big pilot strap with a Scafusia clasp but not sure if the 22mm would fit in this watch (21mm)
- Have had it for a few weeks and gets lots of compliments. Great looking watch all around!
Pics:
https://imgur.com/a/vCji8aT

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Your date window is quite alright! On this model do you have jumping hands and how is your power reserve? Previously I had bad experiences with the 3777 from ZF
Thanks

Reactions: shamanblues999

ffuhcu

14/7/16
Looks great. I’ve got one of these on order on bracelet (I guess 377717) after my TD was unable to get the 377721 fantasy stainless rep that ZF released recently.

I figure ill I’ll get it on the bracelet as I’ll either stick eight that or get something like a ziczac strap and a dhgate deployant.

Enjoy.

shamanblues999

25/4/18
Your date window is quite alright! On this model do you have jumping hands and how is your power reserve? Previously I had bad experiences with the 3777 from ZF
Thanks

Not sure what you mean by jumping hands but I do notice some irregularities with the date window. Sometimes it’s not well aligned and when I adjust it it feels flimsy. Not a major issue but definitely not perfect. The watch is automatic and I have a winder so I do not know how long will the power last if unused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shamanblues999

25/4/18
Looks great. I’ve got one of these on order on bracelet (I guess 377717) after my TD was unable to get the 377721 fantasy stainless rep that ZF released recently.

I figure ill I’ll get it on the bracelet as I’ll either stick eight that or get something like a ziczac strap and a dhgate deployant.

Enjoy.

Took almost 4 weeks to get my ziczac delivered to socal. Probably due to the holiday season and all but it was worth it. I ordered a custom made one with blue leather background. Looks awesome.
8912494e3814fa58a144e3e219cdddde.jpg

976216573f490d79bda7e49bdf177d7c.jpg
3bd577eb291a39fa20179d65359d5a0e.jpg

ffuhcu

14/7/16
Took almost 4 weeks to get my ziczac delivered to socal. Probably due to the holiday season and all but it was worth it. I ordered a custom made one with blue leather background. Looks awesome

Looks great and well worth the wait, enjoy. I may well fire him a link to this thread when I order mine as that's very close to what I'd want.

My 3777 17 is "shipped" now, just waiting on the tracking number before hitting 17track more than is healthy.

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH
Great looking watch! A good strap does wonders for a rep. Thanks for the review.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
thats a nice strap!

Let me stop your posting spree right now.

I see what you are doing and I wonder what watch you are wanting to sale.

if I see a sales thread from you in the next month you will be no saled for 365 days

shamanblues999

25/4/18

if I see a sales thread from you in the next month you will be no saled for 365 days

Not sure if you are talking to me or the guy you quoted but I found this forum and like it as a hobby and am not a sales person. I like watches and taking pictures of them. That’s all. I’m kind of confused about your post to be honest.

rlx4uzz

Horology Curious
16/4/18

Funny as hell, like the self management on the forum. Been a fly on the wall for the most part myself, especially in IWC. But tell you folks, the new players like ZF, VSF who are arguably the ARF, JF, KWF of the replica world ---- are simply killing it.

Honestly, was never into IWC, earlier reps looked OK, but most pilots are minimalistic to begin with so shouldn't be a brain surgery to replicate. BUT these new ones, I am totally blown away. I had a rainy day stash that I was gonna spend on something like Stowa or Archemede, maybe even Steinhart but these babies are truly works of art.

Thanks for all contributors, keep up the good work for the community.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Not sure if you are talking to me or the guy you quoted but I found this forum and like it as a hobby and am not a sales person. I like watches and taking pictures of them. That’s all. I’m kind of confused about your post to be honest.

If I was talking to you I would of quoted you, no reason to be confused

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SuperSet

Horology Curious
20/1/19
Australia
Thanks for the detailed pictures (and videos!).

I'm in the market for a watch like this but the body looks chunky!

A few questions
1) What size are your wrists?
2) And does the watch case run true to the quoted 43mm?

shamanblues999

25/4/18
Thanks for the detailed pictures (and videos!).

I'm in the market for a watch like this but the body looks chunky!

A few questions
1) What size are your wrists?
2) And does the watch case run true to the quoted 43mm?

Mine is 18 cm (little over 7in), haven't measured lug to lug distance but yeah I would say 42-43...

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Took almost 4 weeks to get my ziczac delivered to socal. Probably due to the holiday season and all but it was worth it. I ordered a custom made one with blue leather background. Looks awesome.
8912494e3814fa58a144e3e219cdddde.jpg

976216573f490d79bda7e49bdf177d7c.jpg
3bd577eb291a39fa20179d65359d5a0e.jpg
Very nice. I didn't know that he was doing Buffalo straps as well, I will ask him to make one for me!

Inviato dal mio LG-H870DS utilizzando Tapatalk