• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Zf v4 5007 problem Power reserve

Doctor76

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/4/18
Hi Guys.
Jist got my new toy.
ZF V4 5007 (buy from a guy that buys from TS)

It works but the rotor (still attached) makes a terrible noise (it’s not noisy, it sounds like it’s not completely attached). When shaking it seems like it doesn’t rotate too easily.
Biggest problem is that the Power reserve on manual winding doesn’t go further than 3.5 days (I feel it becomes harder to wind and I don’t want to force it).

Is it supposed to go up to 7 (I know it’s around 72 hrs but I see pics of the same watch where it stays on 6 or 7)

Any help is welcome.

Thank you!

Sent from the RWI App

lorenzodoune

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/12/18
italy
hello,
i had one (white dial). rotor was a bit rumorous but not so noisy and power reserve winded to 7 days = real life 40-45h if i dont remember bad. if your watch make this, for sure its not normal. if you can, send it back or make a service. pity there is nothing more to do elseway

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
You might like to tell us your location.. maybe some members know someone who can service for you nearby..

Doctor76

24/4/18
Hi. Thank you. First attempt ended after 38 hours on the desk. The watch keeps good time but I guess it doesn’t work as an automatic but just manual if the rotor doesn’t spin easily.
Location is the netherlands.
Close to Amsterdam.
Anyone willing to help?
Thank you

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
Hi. Thank you. First attempt ended after 38 hours on the desk. The watch keeps good time but I guess it doesn’t work as an automatic but just manual if the rotor doesn’t spin easily.
Location is the netherlands.
Close to Amsterdam.
Anyone willing to help?
Thank you

Looks like it is not a big problem especially since you can wind the 5007 on your wrist - no need to unscrew the crown and you nicely see the PR indicator to remind you. If it is really bothering you, ask Natas78 to see if he can help. He is not very far from where you are.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
My ZF V4 had almost the same Issue. Fresh from TD i cannot wind it manualy more then 2.5 Days on the PR, then you feel more resistance.
I gave mine to a Watchsmith now, he put more force to it and wound it to max and will check it later. I hope things work out well for me but if not i am in contact with the maker of this movement.

Doctor76

24/4/18
Hi Guys. Sorry for my delay. Xmas holidays.
I have been able to wind it manually up to 6-6,5. My experience is that while it keeps good time you have to consider the power reserve at a 40-45%.
7 days is like something less than 3 days
The problem is that it doesn’t rewindnon auto. After wearing it all day I see the PR decreasing.
The rotor is way to noisy. Not normal.
It’s not stuck but it doen’t spin properly.
Btw is it supposed to wind on one or two directions?

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
powerreserve for around 40 hours is good for a rep

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
The Datasheet of this liasoning peacock Movement says 70 hrs Powerreserve which means that 1 Day on the PR-Subdial is equivalent to 1o hrs. My ZF V4 runs 60 hrs with great amplitude, the last 10 hrs it is getting weak.

40 hrs might be a good rule of thumb but is not that appropriate for this particular watch / movement.