• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Poor Auto-wind Module / Rotor on the ZF Big Pilots?

justintimeee

12/8/17
I recently picked up a like new BP from a M2M. Although its very easy to hand-wind. I've been wearing it around the office without much benefit to the PR. Though if I shake/whip the watch by hand I see the PR increase a bit.

Any suggestions/thoughts? Could something be causing the rotor to not rotate as well as it should?

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
I think its the normal behaviour on that one. While wearing it it the PR does grow but not as fast as people would like to I think.

justintimeee

12/8/17
Update: the decorative jewel and screw over the screw that holds the rotor in was proud a little.
I saw some very slight witness marks on the soft iron cover, so likely there was some minor friction between the two parts.
So I removed those decorative parts, closed it up and put it back on the watch winder.
All good! Maxed PR in no time.

I used this thread for reference. It was a huge help before I opened up the watch.
Refer to the first couple pictures of the "decorative screws and jewels"
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...e-the-clone-a52010-movement-a-full-break-down

Reactions: fuerst07