• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finally, IWC Pilot fans rejoice! - a Tribute to IWC XI pilot about to land in few days with TDs.

Updog

18/7/19
Hey all, just picked up the M+F Tribute To Mark XI. Some photos below in no particular order, will post general thoughts and impressions at the end.

Firstly happy with the watch - looks good sits well on my 6.75" wrist. The lume on the markers looks much yellower/greener in the photos as the lume is charged - on the wrist it looks more beige.
The rep strap is the usual garbage, have it on a Nick Mankey elastic strap.
Finishing on the case is good and detailed, engravings are ok. Inside lug edges were very sharp, you wouldn't notice this on the rep strap but needed some attention.
Dial print is good, numerals and indicies look great when light catches them. Date wheel print is also good and centered.

Pretty sure there is a loose screw floating around the movement, as it did temporarily stop the other day - so will take the back off and have a look. But this leads me onto the worst thing about this watch and that is M+F quality control. This is the 8th watch that I have received, with my TD rejecting the first 7 because the flaws were that bad - eg: glue covering half of the datewheel - hugely misalinged indicies, scratches/flaking of the inside AR coating.

So if you are keen to get one of these, make sure you have a paitient TD. I don't think I will be getting another rep from M+F from this experience. Have reps from Noob (PAM) and VSF (Omega) and the overall quality on those is much higher.