• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which 3878 Spitfire version would you pick?

Sunsurfer

26/3/17
EU
Hey guys,

i found this topic about amazing 3878 pilot watch.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...icas/231061-iwc-3878-spitfire-from-zf-factory
I am wondering whats you opinion two years later. Buy zf, v6 or swf or v2. Also it seems that not all versions are available.
nowadays I don‘t find the v6f Version on bracelet at intime or puretime. Zf is still there but had assembly issues.

So whats the best pick regarding reliability and most genlike?

on intime you find
zf for 388$ https://www.intime03.co/iwc/2409-pilot-spitfire-chrono-zf-gray-dial-ss-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html
v6 only on leather for 358$ https://www.intime03.co/iwc/2710-pilot-spitfire-chrono-v6-gray-dial-ss-on-black-leather-a7750.html

on puretime
swf for 248$ https://puretime.io/pilot-chrono-ss-3878-swf-gray-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html
v2 for 248$ https://puretime.io/pilot-chrono-ss-3878-gray-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750-v2.html
zf for 438$ https://puretime.io/pilot-chrono-ss-iw387802-zf-11-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html

thanks!
Pic

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
Zf has everything better from the xtal to the movement to the dial.. but I bought I think 3 of them and all had something crooked or misplaced.. in the end I settled down with a v6 still with a slightly crooked 11.. I would try a zf, who knows maybe you will get lucky

NoTimeToPepper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/18
In pics swf is missing regulator despite claiming to have one. It's not necessary, but could mean it has older and shittier 7750 movement.

Edit: Wait, no. It has regulator, but it's pushed out of the scale.

Vinvin7

Known Member
11/2/13
Only V6F has the correct 60 min movement at 12 subdial and is considered a superrep. ZF has the incorrect 30 min movement.

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
Only V6F has the correct 60 min movement at 12 subdial and is considered a superrep. ZF has the incorrect 30 min movement.

That is certainly true but cosmetically if you look at the movements the ZF one is better finished.. now does this translate to better reliability - hard to say

ZF on the right

sToFD.jpg

IWC_man

Known Member
19/4/18
Sydney, Australia
i have the ZF only so can not compare against the others. alignment is spot on on my ZF version and would definitly recomend it.

the only tell tale signs of being a REP are the subdial spacing is closer toward the centre of the watch then the GEN 89365 caliber

Reactions: Sunsurfer

Troklo

23/12/15
I also want to get one of these and I'm still trying to gather information to decide which version is the best one for me.
Maybe you guys can help me out a bit.
Why is the V6F one considered superrep? Only because of the correct 60min chrono? That being said does the V6F one have the new 6sec mod that makes it no longer a time bomb? @pancorjackhammer You say that on the outside on the ZF everything is better. Where can I check information on this? I did a quick search on the IWC forum and didn't find anything.

Thanks in adavance guys

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Are these even available with TDs? Contacted a couple TDs and they said they are out of stock.

Troklo

23/12/15
I asked Lucy and she told me she told me she can get me the ZF one so fuck it I'll go for that one.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
That is certainly true but cosmetically if you look at the movements the ZF one is better finished.. now does this translate to better reliability - hard to say

ZF on the right

sToFD.jpg

Has yours an open caseback? Then why could this be important?

Only v6f has correct working chrono as said in post #4. thats more then enough one need to know which is the best version.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Troklo

23/12/15
^^Well it depends if the V6 one has the safe sec@6 mod or not. If it not then it doesn't matter that it has a correct 60 min chrono.

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
Has yours an open caseback? Then why could this be important?

Only v6f has correct working chrono as said in post #4. thats more then enough one need to know which is the best version.

No case back on these : ) What I tried to point out is that at least at that time the overall material quality on all parts from movement to xtal (ar) to clasp to dial color were noticably better on the zf. Zf had issues on the assembly of the dial though with the numerals and the surrounding ring being often times crooked. So i still would say a zf with good qc would be my preferred option.

Sadly the chrono of the v6f is also not accurate as the gen is a flyback chrono, so why would you say the version with a darker dial and xtal that does not look like the gen is the best version when all the fault the zf has in comparison is that it jumps two min instead of one on the min counter. By the way, not a good idea to run the chrono on these anyway.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
No case back on these : ) What I tried to point out is that at least at that time the overall material quality on all parts from movement to xtal (ar) to clasp to dial color were noticably better on the zf. Zf had issues on the assembly of the dial though with the numerals and the surrounding ring being often times crooked. So i still would say a zf with good qc would be my preferred option.

Sadly the chrono of the v6f is also not accurate as the gen is a flyback chrono, so why would you say the version with a darker dial and xtal that does not look like the gen is the best version when all the fault the zf has in comparison is that it jumps two min instead of one on the min counter. By the way, not a good idea to run the chrono on these anyway.

Sry, i dont get it, how one could even think about the look of the movement on a closed caseback or "noticably better dial colors" compared on pictures on the net on different light conditions and stuff, as long a the basic functionalty of this "chronometer" is nor given. same goes for AR and all other "flaws" you mentioned.

That its a good idea, not too often use the chrono function is another story, but at least you can measure the time with that thing. A chrono without chrono function is just a wothless piece that looks nice.

If anyone wants you to stop a period of time, try to convince him with your clasp of better material instead.

but thats just my 0.02 €

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
Sry, i dont get it, how one could even think about the look of the movement on a closed caseback or "noticably better dial colors" compared on pictures on the net on different light conditions and stuff, as long a the basic functionalty of this "chronometer" is nor given. same goes for AR and all other "flaws" you mentioned.

That its a good idea, not too often use the chrono function is another story, but at least you can measure the time with that thing. A chrono without chrono function is just a wothless piece that looks nice.

If anyone wants you to stop a period of time, try to convince him with your clasp of better material instead.

but thats just my 0.02 €

.. the thing still works, you just need to divide the minutes counter by two : )

And it looks better

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
And in general the mainsprings in the A7750s are too weak to keep both the chrono and the time keeping running - I am going to say a few seconds an hour slower at least..so seriously don't try to time anything of importance with a rep chrono

Omar9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/18
Instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd ask here. I'm planning on buying the V6f version my question is are all dial colour variants considered super reps? As I would like to go for the grey (02) model with brown leather strap.