• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MARK XVIII with Swiss ETA-2892 (MKF)

dennis7899

Known Member
14/8/14
Hi guys,

I just came across this new released MARK XVIII from MKF. On the site it says it has a Swiss ETA movement in it.
What do you guys think? And about the price ($578)?

https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=24453

b4Tfh.png

b47bD.png

b4jjU.png

Reactions: vcappp

jamingui

Known Member
24/8/16
Very reliable movement and much quieter than miyota 9015, the price is high because movement is expensive

The previous version of the MK used to have the Asian 2892 and cheaper that the current one with the miyota 9015. I do not understand the rationale to change to the miyota when you have already a clone of the real movement and then raise the price.

For this release of V7 factory, they are asking a lot of money without a guarantee is a real ETA 2892. On top of, the black dial has such a stupid mistake, the Gen black dial has a black datewheel and not white as the V7.

Babidi

Horology Curious
6/7/18
Europe - Romania
Agreed, the same movement change was done to nwbig Portofino, V4 was great, used A2892 and then they released V5 with miyota, such a major step back.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
That price is a deal breaker for most of perspective buyers. Well done MKF (or dealers)!

SheikhRashid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/18
UAE
Yeah it's ridiculous how these prices keep going up so much. I remember a time in the rep world where a $200 rep was expensive. Ridiculous.

Reactions: jaredjohnson

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
Not an MKF but a V7F.

Edit: sorry, I didn't read the comments carefully. Jamingui already wrote that.

jaredjohnson

26/2/17
That price is a deal breaker for most of perspective buyers. Well done MKF (or dealers)!

I remember that you had problems with case shape or rehault on the previos versions of XVIII reps. Does this one look better to you?

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
I remember that you had problems with case shape or rehault on the previos versions of XVIII reps. Does this one look better to you?

Yes, from what i can see it's a significant improvement and I would pull the trigger if movement / price weren't deal breakers
Wrong color of the date wheel is not an issue, a gen date wheel is a direct fit on 2892s

NoTimeToPepper

20/5/18
Just a warning, that's not a TD, and for a good reason. They happily advertise a good rep and send you weaker one. Don't be surprised if you get asian movement insted of ETA from them.

Reactions: phdsjain

dennis7899

Known Member
14/8/14
Just a warning, that's not a TD, and for a good reason. They happily advertise a good rep and send you weaker one. Don't be surprised if you get asian movement insted of ETA from them.

The reason I check the TS site is that they usually post watches before other sites (TD's) do. Wouldn't order with them.

The date disc is the wrong color? :(
How can they make such a mistake? They also have acces to internet and the IWC site right? You would almost think they do it on purpose.

jaredjohnson

26/2/17
The reason I check the TS site is that they usually post watches before other sites (TD's) do. Wouldn't order with them.

The date disc is the wrong color? :(
How can they make such a mistake? They also have acces to internet and the IWC site right? You would almost think they do it on purpose.

>>On purpose
>>550$ rep
Ahaha, I can see it being a best seller already

jrause

Horology Curious
11/6/18
Has anyone actually purchased this? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger...

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Just buy a rep with A2892, search for an ETA2892 on eBay and change the movement. It's cheaper and you are sure you get a real ETA2892.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Repwatcher01

25/8/18
The previous version of the MK used to have the Asian 2892 and cheaper that the current one with the miyota 9015. I do not understand the rationale to change to the miyota when you have already a clone of the real movement and then raise the price.

I think the rationale is quite obvious - it's cheaper to use a pre-fab miyota than to assemble an Asian clone. As for raising the price, supply and demand.

jrause

Horology Curious
11/6/18
I think the rationale is quite obvious - it's cheaper to use a pre-fab miyota than to assemble an Asian clone. As for raising the price, supply and demand.

Yeah like I'm willing to pay a premium to have the Swiss ETA factory installed in a super rep casing ..