• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Big Pilot owners - Datewheel fix

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Dear all,

did anyone of you have your datewheel fixed on the IWC big pilot ? It seems that it is off on almost all new Big Pilots. Is it just a mater of realigning and fixing or is it wrongly printed and I need a new one. Thanks for your help

Tschacko

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
I have a few that have very well centered dates so I am guessing since the movement is the same it must be the datewheel printing that gets messed up..

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Yes, that might be. But I am thinking maybe its just the datewheel being wrongly installed. This is how it looks and the datwheel.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
I had the very same problem with almost every big pilot I was after..
Misaligned dates, dirt on the DW etc..

It's a pity. Such a good looking watch and it's almost impossible to find a decent one

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
Maybe you can shift the overlay on the DW base - that should solve the problem but I am not sure if they are separable on these..

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
Nope...

I had to sell all of them cos I couldn't live with that flaw..

Now I'm stuck with a Gen box and a Gen IWC gator strap but without a decent watch :p

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

dweller 89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/18
Dear all,

did anyone of you have your datewheel fixed on the IWC big pilot ? It seems that it is off on almost all new Big Pilots. Is it just a mater of realigning and fixing or is it wrongly printed and I need a new one. Thanks for your help

Tschacko

It’s not the printing but the alignment. On mine I just tap the side once or twice and it falls in place. If toy need a permanent fix you need to realign the DW, but that will require a watch smith if you can find one in your area.

Sent from the RWI App

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Ha I could live with that quick fix early in the morning. I would open the watch myself. Is there any thread where they dissect a 23J Asian Big Pilot ?

Isaiahfifty3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/18
I am also looking to find a fix. I’m going to take mine to my watch guy to give it a look

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
I had mine on ZF Big Pilot LPP "fixed" by having the dial modded slightly to left by half a mm. worked fine.