• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Portugieser Chrono Classic 42

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
This is nice, but the thickness wrong (15.5 vs 14.5 on gen) :-/

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
This is nice, but the thickness wrong (15.5 vs 14.5 on gen) :-/

thanks for the information! It is very useful info before buying a new product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
I am learning to avoid rep chronos.
the chrono button always feel too strong, and thickness is always off.
although 1mm isn't that big of a deal. (yes i am in the minority thinking thickness isn't that big of a deal)
this IWC doesn't do much. 7 day or big P for me.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I love the look of this one. 14.5mm for the gen is a nice thicknesthickness & 15.5 on the rep is not terrible, but is going to be noticeable for someone that pays attention to this sort of thing.

what about the movement? With the open back how much of a difference is there with that?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
does it look and feel similar to the gen one?

this one is new and no one probably even has one yet. It's hard to tell for sure but it looks nice and it is from zf so it's not going to be garbage. The fact that it is 1mm thicker than it should be is the biggest issue here. Some will argue that 1mm is nothing and no one will notice and others will argue that it is completely horrendous because it is 1mm too thick. You get to vote with your money & so does everyone else.

I love the look of this piece, but I do not generally like watches that are more than 15mm thick. 15.5 is not all that far beyond my personal max, but since the gen is 14.5 & the rep is 15.5 I will probably pass. With that said, I have a lot of nice watches already and I am pretty picky. If I were new to this and Iiked the look I would buy it. Hey, you can always sell it.

Reactions: subaddict