• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Portuguese 7 day Stopped Working

Heimdallr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/18
Hi guys. I bought a seven day 2 years ago and for the last few months the watch hasn't been functioning correctly. I was just curious if anyone could guess what the issue might be based on my experience.

-the power reserve is stuck just past the max 7 day level. I think my son may have over wound it but not sure.
-the watch starts working when picked up, shaken or wound by the crown but no matter what stops shortly thereafter (within minutes).
-if I keep moving (walking down the street and intentionally swinging my arms) it will keep going but when I stop moving it stops too.
-the crown feels tense or tight.
-there's a lot of noise coming from the movement when shaken but if I hold the crown when shaking (not violently, just a light shake to get it going) it's pretty much silent.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and sorry if anything I wrote is too noobish, I won't deny that I don't know as much about watches as I want to but it's also one of the reasons I'm asking so I can learn. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Piero 88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/7/17
United Kingdom
Out of curiosity, did you find a resolution to this? I have a big fear of getting a broken watch and having a nightmare trying to return it or get it sorted...

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Hi guys. I bought a seven day 2 years ago and for the last few months the watch hasn't been functioning correctly. I was just curious if anyone could guess what the issue might be based on my experience.

-the power reserve is stuck just past the max 7 day level. I think my son may have over wound it but not sure.
-the watch starts working when picked up, shaken or wound by the crown but no matter what stops shortly thereafter (within minutes).
-if I k.........

because you over wind your watch, so the mainspring is broken, there is no way to fix it unless you change another mainspring of the watch, but I don't think you can source the part. So other solution is, buy another new movement, then find a watch Smith to switch it.

alexandros2

17/2/16
anyone solve this problem? mine stopped. I can charge it till 7(power reserve), but the second hand is not moving

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I have asked my TD and the movement alone without the deco plates goes for 158$

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Thread mining
Any resolution on this issue from the OP ?
Mine is also misbehaving now so I'm curious to see what others have found may be the issue. Mine works when moving it around and when its on the winder, it keep very good time - its never overwound or wound past the 7 day mark on the Power Reserve.. However, lately Ive found that if it's left lying idle on the bench, it stops randomly ? Doesn't always have this issue, seems to be random.