• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF iwc portugieser calendar Gen replication coming soon

YellingYellowLlama

Known Member
12/3/18
You change it like you normally would any watch via the crown. You'd effectively only have to change it on months without 31 days.

Does anyone know if the weekday and month advance automatically? I mean, is the date the only thing you have to adjust manually?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Does anyone know if the weekday and month advance automatically? I mean, is the date the only thing you have to adjust manually?

Each of these wheels that are in the movement just have the normal number of different markings on them and there is no function on this movement as it stands that would bypass the markings at the appropriate time. For example this year April 30 is on a Tuesday so it is going to say APR 30 TUE and when midnight rolls around it is going to just advance like it normally would and say
APR 31 WED You are going to have to manually adjust the Month to MAY and adjust the Date to 1 and just leave WED as it is. In the Gen there is an additional complication that would automatically know to do this for you. This extra complication does not exist in the replica movement

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Each of these wheels that are in the movement just have the normal number of different markings on them and there is no function on this movement as it stands that would bypass the markings at the appropriate time. For example this year April 30 is on a Tuesday so it is going to say APR 30 TUE and when midnight rolls around it is going to just advance like it normally would and say
APR 31 WED You are going to have to manually adjust the Month to MAY and adjust the Date to 1 and just leave WED as it is. In the Gen there is an additional complication that would automatically know to do this for you. This extra complication does not exist in the replica movement

Thanks..

Sent from the RWI App

YellingYellowLlama

Known Member
12/3/18

Thanks bro! Great explanation. What I was wondering was about making sure that e.g. the weekday wheel was not a “dumb wheel” i.e. not connected to the movement in any way and would advance only if activated by the crown. For instance, from JAN 31 MON, will I the day after get FEB 1 TUE? If any of the wheels was a dumb wheel, I might get JAN 1 TUE (dumb month wheel) or FEB 1 MON (dumb weekday wheel). But I think your answer implies you believe there are no dumb wheels in this model!

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
Thanks bro! Great explanation. What I was wondering was about making sure that e.g. the weekday wheel was not a “dumb wheel” i.e. not connected to the movement in any way and would advance only if activated by the crown. For instance, from JAN 31 MON, will I the day after get FEB 1 TUE? If any of the wheels was a dumb wheel, I might get JAN 1 TUE (dumb month wheel) or FEB 1 MON (dumb weekday wheel). But I think your answer implies you believe there are no dumb wheels in this model!

Since YLF already got it working I have no reason to do think the ZF version won't work. The month wheel and all other wheels should work, it should work as a complete calendar.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
It's just look like YLF version to me.

seriously, I don't see any better than YLF
Please point to me, if I am wrong... :picard:

Desmond20052000

21/3/17

It doesn't say "SWISS TECH" or "INTERNATIONAL WATCH BR" at least, the deco plate looks nicer too. I think the font of the day, date and month wheels looks nicer too.

Reactions: Luxuracer

Luxuracer

Renowned Member

This just like saying ... the JF 16610 submariner just look like the BP 16610 Submariner ... the MKF Seamaster 300M Spectre looks just like the VSF ... the Noob PAM111 V4 looks just like the HF PAM111 ... or the ARF SD43 looks just like the Noob SD43 .... etc ...

Look like you would have no clue what I am talking about since you can't see the differences.

:picard2:

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14
This just like saying ... the JF 16610 submariner just look like the BP 16610 Submariner ... the MKF Seamaster 300M Spectre looks just like the VSF ... the Noob PAM111 V4 looks just like the HF PAM111 ... or the ARF SD43 looks just like the Noob SD43 .... etc ...

Look like you would have no clue what I am talking about since you can't see the differences.

:picard2:

Yeah and also the dial so big diff he also can’t tell the GAP thou. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kabelboy

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
3/6/18
I compared the pictures from the TD with the real Pics now and it looks very very alike. I am not commenting on the movement (which will never be perfect). But to spot the diffrences in the dial you kind of need them side by side. Would that fit "first class" status on the consensual list?

Michael_Ross

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/16

Honestly, it looks miles better than the YLF.

Deco plate is much better, regardless of any small spelling mistakes.
Dial looks much better. Having never actually held the YLF maybe this was only an illusion, but the dial looked too small, not in regards to the actual diameter of the dial but rather the border looked too big as in the diameter within the rails having been too small. ZF looks spot on.
The hour markers on the YLF weren't centered on the rails. ZF have this solved.
Also the subdials on the blue dial look great, unlike on the YLF where they looked way to shiny. Judging by the video on Puretime the dial color looks great.

I am really looking forward to seeing some 'real' pictures of this and would've picked one up in a heartbeat had I not been a poor student.

ffuhcu

14/7/16
Ya, looks much better to me for the reasons mentioned above. Annoying there are still small spelling issues but they are less obvious than the YLF attempt.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
This is something I would be interested in, once some real examples have been received by the general public. I guess we have to wait till after the CNY.

A few questions, for the enthusiasts ... (1) is published 14mm thickness same as gen? (2) In a gen how would one set all the complications, month, day, date, time? (3) Would the setting of these in this replication be similar to gen? (4) At 44 mm would this wear similar to a rolex explorer II, or the AP ROO Diver (which is itself not 44mm), or one of them PAMs of equal size?

Isaiahfifty3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/18
I am absolutely getting one of these. Has anyone had problems with rose gold rubbing off? Or gold in general?