• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC 377710 ZF or ...

Robert11

15/11/15
I’m looking to get the newer 377710 as in the link below.

https://puretime.io/pilot-chrono-20...ition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750-v2.html

But in my research it seems that ZF has had a lot of QC issues with these. Anyone have any firsthand experience good or bad?

I thought I heard that v6f also made these but I can’t seem to find any anywhere.

Or should I just stay away from the ZF and go for the older version by v6

https://puretime.io/pilot-chrono-37...ition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750-v2.html

Sent from my satellite phone.

Bokthoi

4/9/17
I’d go for the ZF I have the same watch on leather and theres no issues due to the simple printed dial etc, just look for the usual 12/3/6/9 markers alignment and how the dates align to each other. Its a fantastic piece you will not regret it! :)

Robert11

15/11/15
I’d go for the ZF I have the same watch on leather and theres no issues due to the simple printed dial etc, just look for the usual 12/3/6/9 markers alignment and how the dates align to each other. Its a fantastic piece you will not regret it! :)

No mechanical issues with your ZF? Like I said I’ve heard they have a lot of quality issues.

My only experience with ZF is a pam 682. Cosmetically it’s stunning but it came with a bent hairspring and the autowinder would not keep a good charge. So it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth with ZF. I appreciate you sharing your experience.

Bokthoi

4/9/17
No issues so far, Ive had to change the crown tube but that’s basically a wear item. Otherwise its been ticking away nicely, touch wood

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
I’m looking to get the newer 377710 as in the link below.

I thought I heard that v6f also made these but I can’t seem to find any anywhere.

Yes, there is also a v6f version, better than ZF because the AR on xtl is a bit better and data fonts are better as well. There was a thread where some user (maybe in rwg. DrGran or similar) posted it

Anyway I think it is this:
http://www.hontwatch.ru/replica-iwc-pilot-chronograph-ref3777-ssss-black-v6f-a7750-p-9651.html

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I got the V6f ver from mary back a few months ago. When I bought it, I had asked about both and she recommended the v6f ver. She said the reliability was better.

the one I got was really nice

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
I got the V6f ver from mary back a few months ago. When I bought it, I had asked about both and she recommended the v6f ver. She said the reliability was better.

pics!!!!

WatchEsq123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/17
No issues so far, Ive had to change the crown tube but that’s basically a wear item. Otherwise its been ticking away nicely, touch wood

Where did you get a new crown tube?? Mine wore out and I searched high and low and couldn't find one that would fit the ZF. Please I would love to know haha.

To the OP - my first ZF came dead on arrival. Ordered another so I could have it in time for a trip. Datewheel messed up on that one within a week. Then I got the other one back and the crown tube stripped. Yes, they do have QC issues.

I feel so cheated - I originally tried to buy the V6f version but my TD told me they didn't make them anymore!!

Ugh.

Bokthoi

4/9/17
Where did you get a new crown tube?? Mine wore out and I searched high and low and couldn't find one that would fit the ZF. Please I would love to know haha.

To the OP - my first ZF came dead on arrival. Ordered another so I could have it in time for a trip. Datewheel messed up on that one within a week. Then I got the other one back and the crown tube stripped. Yes, they do have QC issues.

I feel so cheated - I originally tried to buy the V6f version but my TD told me they didn't make them anymore!!

Ugh.

Sorry wrong word I meant to write Crown Stem, I removed it and took it to a local watchsmith to size up and give me a new one, I believe it was tap10?

WatchEsq123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/17
Sorry wrong word I meant to write Crown Stem, I removed it and took it to a local watchsmith to size up and give me a new one, I believe it was tap10?

Oh cool, so the crown stem was the part that was stripped and replacing that solved the problem? Crown tube was reused?

Bokthoi

4/9/17
Oh cool, so the crown stem was the part that was stripped and replacing that solved the problem? Crown tube was reused?

I believe so, I think its usually the stem thats designed as the wear item as its easier to install.

Robert11

15/11/15

Thanks nanook and all. I see if my TD can get the v6f.

BTW, does the v6f have the micro adjust bracelet?

Robert11

15/11/15

Ugh.

Yep. So after checking with my TD I got the same answer. V6f does not make the newer 3777-10. So I can either go with the ZF and ask my TD to test the crap out of it or go with the older model with triple date window by v6f. May go with that as it’s about $70 cheaper. Any thoughts?

https://puretime.io/pilot-chrono-37...ition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750-v2.html

blackawd

Known Member
20/6/17
I have a ZF 3777-10 that I bought off M2M a year ago as a C&R. It actually runs really accurately and I havent had any issues with winding or the crown/tube. I tested the chronograph once to confirm it worked and never used it again. The day/date sometimes aligns perfectly and other days doesn’t but that is expected. The bracelet is also nicely made. I think I am going to sell this one pretty soon as I’ve decided I like the 3777-01 more. I havent really worn it much and it is in great condition if you’re interested. I am in Con US.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Robert11

15/11/15
I have a ZF 3777-10 that I bought off M2M a year ago as a C&R. It actually runs really accurately and I havent had any issues with winding or the crown/tube. I tested the chronograph once to confirm it worked and never used it again. The day/date sometimes aligns perfectly and other days doesn’t but that is expected. The bracelet is also nicely made. I think I am going to sell this one pretty soon as I’ve decided I like the 3777-01 more. I havent really worn it much and it is in great condition if you’re interested. I am in Con US.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

What’s the difference between the 3777-01 and the 3777-04 in the link above that is $100 less. They look identical.

blackawd

Known Member
20/6/17
What’s the difference between the 3777-01 and the 3777-04 in the link above that is $100 less. They look identical.

That’s a good question and I’m actually not sure. At first I thought the -04 was a different color dial but did a quick search and it looks like it has a black dial like the -01.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk