• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IW3777 Day Date dial

mrjoe

22/8/15
Its been a long time since its been with me, but I remember i didnt even need to cut the dial feet. Pretty straight forward swap..GL!

Shit....bye bye Money lol :D

Reactions: RobSe1

acozcan

Known Member
6/7/17
I never do business with Blake. There was another time one of our friends in RWI bought some parts from him. When I asked him for a part list(6 item) including the same items, he said he can’t help.

This time I have only asked for date & day discs, he is asking proof of genunie watch. He demands pics of the actual watch I have. He said he needs to verify it. Also he pointed out that pics should be from the front and back as well as the inside of the case showing the movement and the inside of the case back cover.

He thinks this is a charity thing or a job interview that needs conduct sheet showing a criminal record .

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I never do business with Blake. There was another time one of our friends in RWI bought some parts from him. When I asked him for a part list(6 item) including the same items, he said he can’t help.

This time I have only asked for date & day discs, he is asking proof of genunie watch. He demands pics of the actual watch I have. He said he needs to verify it. Also he pointed out that pics should be from the front and back as well as the inside of the case showing the movement and the inside of the case back cover.

He thinks this is a charity thing or a job interview that needs conduct sheet showing a criminal record .

That is strange...but know what? I guess whats going on here!
He has the date and day disc‘s in stock. So for this it would be no problem, but if you need Hands, Dial etc. I think he has to order it from IWC direct and they want a proof that it is for a gen watch. So this is the reason he wants that from you.

IWC is very strict with parts!

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Its been a long time since its been with me, but I remember i didnt even need to cut the dial feet. Pretty straight forward swap..GL!

good to know, thank you. I guess the same, the feet should be the same like on eta7750.
But its bloody expensive^^

mrjoe

22/8/15
True, but its worth it if you really like it (or just buy the gen! but for a 7750, going franken is pretty smart)

good to know, thank you. I guess the same, the feet should be the same like on eta7750.
But its bloody expensive^^

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
True, but its worth it if you really like it (or just buy the gen! but for a 7750, going franken is pretty smart)

thats true, its a lovely watch. And if the movement breaks its an easy swap to an eta. Maybe a bit work on the hands.

Will have an eye open for a gen dial.

acozcan

Known Member
6/7/17
That is strange...but know what? I guess whats going on here!
He has the date and day disc‘s in stock. So for this it would be no problem, but if you need Hands, Dial etc. I think he has to order it from IWC direct and they want a proof that it is for a gen watch. So this is the reason he wants that from you.

IWC is very strict with parts!

Actually I have only asked for discs and he said they are in stock but selling these is another subject and he needs to clarify that I have a genuine watch :) It is ridiculous and rude..

Reactions: RobSe1

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Actually I have only asked for discs and he said they are in stock but selling these is another subject and he needs to clarify that I have a genuine watch :) It is ridiculous and rude..

this is something i also can’t understand....don’t know what the problem is, why ge is acting like that. :/

mrjoe
Where did you get that gen dial from?:)

mrjoe

22/8/15
Recently I think he's been having trouble with ordering new IWC parts (what he told me) - so any parts outside of his stock might be harder to get. Better try chrono or ebay

No idea why he would say that to acozcan unless hes got no more discs in stock..

RobSe1 He had one in stock quite some time ago (i remember with 1x 377706 also)

this is something i also can’t understand....don’t know what the problem is, why ge is acting like that. :/

mrjoe
Where did you get that gen dial from?:)