• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New MARK XVIII SPECIAL EDITION REF. IW324703

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Every rep blue iwc dial is wrong, they are all too purple. :( I know I’ve had many of them lol

Really? I don't agree with that. The Mark XVII LPP for example was lacking a pronounced sunburst effect like the gen but had exactly the same blue colour. Maker is the same (MKF), therefore my guess is actually that the reason why you think the colour is too purple is because of the particular lighting on InTime's pics (something which is well known also with other reps).

Have a look at the video posted by Trusty:

http://trustytimestore.com/index.ph...=18613&zenid=d0f76d954d47bdcc8ed6b42398a7444b

and compare it with this video of the gen:

https://youtu.be/Cee-C6AMPmw

looks pretty much spot on to me...

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
I like it, but I like the tribute model even more....but may buy both :)

Legion

2/3/15
Very cool looking watch.
tempted to get one.. but is this better looking than a standard steel one?

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
Very cool looking watch.
tempted to get one.. but is this better looking than a standard steel one?
That's entirely a personal thing. I like interesting case materials that don't make a big fuss about themselves.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legion

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
Really? I don't agree with that. The Mark XVII LPP for example was lacking a pronounced sunburst effect like the gen but had exactly the same blue colour. Maker is the same (MKF), therefore my guess is actually that the reason why you think the colour is too purple is because of the particular lighting on InTime's pics (something which is well known also with other reps).

Have a look at the video posted by Trusty:

http://trustytimestore.com/index.ph...=18613&zenid=d0f76d954d47bdcc8ed6b42398a7444b

and compare it with this video of the gen:

https://youtu.be/Cee-C6AMPmw

looks pretty much spot on to me...

The reason I think it’s too purple is because I have owned 3 different ZF LPP’s and have tried on the gen 4 times at an AD and it is clear that the ZF blue dial is too purple. I’m not comparing pics on the internet I’m comparing them in person. You can not use pictures or videos online to compare, they will never show the true color that you will see in real life on the wrist.

Now, maybe the MK dials are better? Idk, we will see when this one arrives.

Legion

2/3/15
Anyone received/reviewed theirs yet?
I'm very tempted to buy one, already stock checked:)

spursian

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
For sure the dial is blue. Somehow when you take photos with it, it comes out slightly purplish in the image. I think the sunburst is nicely done. I have a few watches with the blue sunburst and it's close to the ones made by ZF. The purplish ones are only seen in YLF and KW.

YvQ8HTT.jpg

iMr6uUr.jpg

iJ3D7jb.jpg

As usual, strap sucks so I'm going to either get the gen strap, and ask Jacob to make me a black calf leather.

Last edited:

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
For sure the dial is blue. Somehow when you take photos with it, it comes out slightly purplish in the image. I think the sunburst is nicely done. I have a few watches with the blue sunburst and it's close to the ones made by ZF. The purplish ones are only seen in YLF and KW.

YvQ8HTT.jpg

iMr6uUr.jpg

iJ3D7jb.jpg

As usual, strap sucks so I'm going to either get the gen strap, and ask Jacob to make me a black calf leather.

Looks good! I guess the purplish hue might be due to the AR coating reflection

Reactions: vcappp

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Guys,

had the chance today to try on the gen at the local IWC boutique and I had it side by side with the Mark XVIII LPP. One observation is that the blue of the dial of the laureus is much darker than the LPP and based on the pics of the rep seen until now I think the dial colour is pretty good!

On a side note another Mark XVIII really caught my eye: the heritage version, with titanium case, vintage lume and flamed blue hands is really something! Pity there is no rep of it at the moment...