• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC 7 day - factory quality comparison

oshtosh

Known Member
2/11/16
On the fence betwenn ZF and YLF (older version). I am aware that there are/were QC issues with ZF , however, is there a vast difference in the build/quality of the movement?

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
zf seven days movement - coming from the legit Liaoning Watch Factory - is a beast. Reliable, accurate, and massive power reserve

Reactions: m5smg2

repIWCone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/18
I agree. The ZF has no issues for me and the PR is truly wonderful - mine runs almost 70 hours.

Reactions: m5smg2

oshtosh

Known Member
2/11/16
Which version are you guys talking about? I am not so keen on the not-so-accurate font size on the face of the most recent version.

johnnyquarta

Horology Curious
19/6/17
Excuse me guys, but what is the best version of this watch and especially who sells it?
Thank you

Reactions: BD_O

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I’ve had 3 ZF power reserve watches. All well made, beautiful, solid movements.

Also have ZF Top Gun and PAM 389. All solid.

I have not had a YLF so I cannot speak about those

johnnyquarta

Horology Curious
19/6/17
i forgot to add lazy. I answered ur question literally 1-2 posts above yours. All you had to do was scroll up

1 ° my question is clear, which is the best version and who is the seller.
2nd I do not understand English, I help with google, the previous answers have not helped me to understand which version and which seller.
3rd Nobody authorizes you to give people the idiot.
I hope you understand the translation.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
ZF Best sure go ZF but don’t forget full service, my watch working 7 Days PR after full service

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: crackend

noromagic

Horology Curious
21/4/18
Get the ZF, ask TDs for the latest version v4

Hi! I have just ordered my Big Pilot Real PR 2016 IW500917 RG ZF Best Edition from PureTime. They said the watch is not from an old stock, so it has just been assembled. Therefore I hope it has the latest movement. Not yet arrived, so I am not able to comment yet.

What are the differences between the v4 and the earlier versions? Anyway do you mean a specific watch version 4, or the movement itself? As in the TD's site there was no mention about the revision of the movement, I can only hope what I get

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
Latest big pilots from ZF all suffer from misaligned date wheel. New heritage and all ceramic models - I just ordered them from YLF for a change...

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

noromagic

Horology Curious
21/4/18
Latest big pilots from ZF all suffer from misaligned date wheel. New heritage and all ceramic models - I just ordered them from YLF for a change...

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Yes, I can confirm, the date is misaligned, I have just got mine. However it is not a big deal, it can be corrected at the next service/oil change. And of course the 12, 3, 6, and 9 markers are not precisely aligned. They are within the range to accept, but not 100% precise. Anyway it works properly, and I really like it! I hope I will have the same opinion some years later too, I mean I hope it will last long. :)

mrjoe

22/8/15
Its not possible to center all dates, so if a few are misaligned and you 'fixed' those, other dates will be misaligned

Yes, I can confirm, the date is misaligned, I have just got mine. However it is not a big deal, it can be corrected at the next service/oil change. And of course the 12, 3, 6, and 9 markers are not precisely aligned. They are within the range to accept, but not 100% precise. Anyway it works properly, and I really like it! I hope I will have the same opinion some years later too, I mean I hope it will last long. :)