• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What's the point of IWC's Big Pilot?

jaredjohnson

26/2/17
I want to debate a little bit on this topic. What makes the Big Pilot great or terrible for you?
I, personally, can't decide whether I like it or not, sometimes it seems like it's a giant chunk of steel hanging from the wrist, but sometimes it looks really good, even on skinny wrists:
107575.jpg

Jude-Law.jpg

keanu-reeves-mensfitness-0317.jpg

So what I definitely like is that it's classy, and at the same time, it does not look like it's an old men's watch. So, what are your thoughts?

Steelwatch

5/12/16
I Love the Big Pilot. Little to big for my wrist, but I know it’s only for me to wear this watch.

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
it's not a HUGE watch, it has quite a common size close to many Panerai/Hublot/AP so it's all about personal taste and fit on the wrist iMHO

Bokthoi

4/9/17
9a70c12d6361d1d09535e5a5698c47f0.jpg

Its a big watch for sure but never feels too overbearing on the wrist as its essentially a tool watch. The build is just superb for these models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farsina

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/3/18
I really would like a smaller version of it, just to big for a watch in mine opinion

Bokthoi

4/9/17
I really would like a smaller version of it, just to big for a watch in mine opinion

how about trying the chronos such as the 3777? Or the smaller mark VII etc. Both are smaller and have similar styling as the big pilots,

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Have you seen that video of John Myers banging on about how good these watches are? Few other celebrities wear this as well. I don’t see what’s so special about it. It’s ok looking I suppose but I don’t get the hype.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
It is actually very easy to wear althought it is big in size. I keep mine every day everywhere. Does not hurt my wrist at all.

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
For those looking for something smaller, the new top gun big pilot has a smaller dial and, although still 46mm, looks and wears smaller

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I don’t dislike it but the (gen) price is disgusting. Don’t like it THAT much

jaredjohnson

26/2/17
I don’t dislike it but the (gen) price is disgusting. Don’t like it THAT much

I think this can be applied to almost every gen, really. The prices are ridiculous, the famous "Swiss craftsmanship" is easily copied be the Chinese for like 1/10 of the price, resulting in some reps being almost 100% accurate. I'm very glad I got rid of my gens and haven't lost any money.

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
I have these four. My favourite is the classic 5004. I also ordered the new top gun big pilot recently. Will probably sell the father and son once the top gun arrives, too flashy.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
The BP LPP is one of the most beautiful IWC on the market - imho. I have it, I love it and I wear it often.

No need to franken, it is perfect. Also the blue dial is spot on, no purple shining to see.

I just put a black gen IWC BP gator strap on it because I don't like the original brown calf strap. But that's a question of personal taste.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk