• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Ingenieur Laureaus, MKF vs NOOB?

Bokthoi

4/9/17
Hi guys

I am trying to track down the noob version of this watch and am waiting to hear back from some TD’s but I’ve read that it could potentially be oos/discontinued. Has anyone bought the MK for comparison? I can’t for the life of me find a thread on here for it.

Cheers

Bokthoi

4/9/17
Cheers I know that list well, it’s more a case of if the noob is no longer made, then mkf will be the only option or m2m etc

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Hi,

I am also interested in this watch and asked my TD about it.

This is what he told me today:

„... a famous model from Noob, quality is very good indeed before, but later, Noob don't have it in stock, after about 2 years, it back to stock again, but I feel quality is not as same good as before, so I advise you not choose this one now.“

Has anybody experiences with the last batch?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Reactions: mech500

Bokthoi

4/9/17
Would that be back in stock as of recently? Its a shame we can’t source photos of the latest batch for comparison if he feels that way o_O

Reactions: hp106

Bokthoi

4/9/17
Yea I have had a couple of TD’s say they can source it and the rest say its been discontinued, I may just take the plunge and see what turns up in QC

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
My TD told me now that „the date is very easy to stuck“ for the last 3 ones he got. Maybe an issue that can be fixed by having it serviced immediately?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Bokthoi

4/9/17
Not a massive issue, As you say service or movement swap. Which TD are you referring to? If you wouldn’t mind pm’ing me and ill see about ordering one.

Bokthoi

4/9/17
I ordered the Noob, maybe I’m lucky ;-)

7286b443e41537a0e7859db18363f3b2.jpg

And here she is, apart from the slight misalignment with the 12 markers Im content and have accepted. that dial though ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bokthoi

4/9/17
3e015aceebbc9c40875f629051ab88d8.jpg

Finally arrived and my god she’s beautiful, mounted immediately on a gen IWC strap the finish and feel is everything I could expect from a super rep.

Only minor issue I have found is that as the dates advance particularly in the single digits the date appears low before returning to a centralised position around 12th/13th dates. Ill ask about this is the tech section but can only assume its an allignment/ gearing issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

museguy

19/10/12
3e015aceebbc9c40875f629051ab88d8.jpg

Finally arrived and my god she’s beautiful, mounted immediately on a gen IWC strap the finish and feel is everything I could expect from a super rep.

Only minor issue I have found is that as the dates advance particularly in the single digits the date appears low before returning to a centralised position around 12th/13th dates. Ill ask about this is the tech section but can only assume its an allignment/ gearing issue.

Dear Bokthoi,

Would you please mention the TD ? Either post in the thread or send a PM.

​​​​​​​I have also been looking for the watch with no luck, have tried Mary, Puretime, Perfect Clones and Trustytime.

Thank you !!

Cybermorph

Known Member
27/8/19
There’s a noob v3 I wonder how that is but it’s 14mm vs mvf which is only 10mm. I guess the noob is the vintage version so thicker? Both are priced to sell so wonder which to try.

Dear Bokthoi,

Would you please mention the TD ? Either post in the thread or send a PM.

I have also been looking for the watch with no luck, have tried Mary, Puretime, Perfect Clones and Trustytime.

Thank you !!