• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New IWC Aquatimer: inner bezel moves when watch is shaken?

71bucks

18/5/10
Just picked up an Aquatimer rep (V6F with Miyota movement). I like it...but the inner bezel moves (counter-clockwise) everytime the watch is shaken.

Anyone else have one of these and notice the same thing? I assume there's no fix...but figured on the chance there is I'd ask...

Here's a link to the watch I'm talking about (except mine has the metal bracelet): http://trustytime.store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=16190

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
For what it is worth I have never seen anyone complaining about that issue. Maybe someone who owns that watch will chime in

Francis79

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
11/9/13
Make a video of your issue

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

71bucks

18/5/10
I don't think a video would show anything that I haven't described: I line the inner, rotating bezel up to 12 o'clock on the dial, wear the watch, and when I look down the inner bezel is no longer lined up to 12 o'clock. And I can make that same effect just by shaking the watch (without touching the outer bezel).

71bucks

18/5/10
I got the outer bezel off but the inner bezel is under snap ring that I couldn't get off; does anyone know of a repair person I might send this to to see if they can do anything with it? (Katt said he doesn't do anything with bezels.)

skupik

Horology Curious
16/8/17
I had a same problem. Look like the inner bezel plate disattaches itself from the mechanism and becomes loose. After few tries to dismantle it, I surrendered and glued it fast.