• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WTF just purchased from m2m broke

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
I guess it's the nature of this hobby. I just purchased a big pilot top gun on m2m, ordered a new strap, put my watch on my winder, just took it off to wear and the date wheel is broken. Like fallen within the inside of the watch. Huh, anyone know of a watch repair in Hawaii that would fiddle with a rep?? Or is this fixable? View attachment 88614

HNTR

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/16
I’m not sure how that’s even possible?!

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Well, I set the date when I received the watch, it was showing in between dates... Not sure how that is, but the date set. Then put in my winder. Now looks like pic.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
There's a small peice (half donnut) that hold the date wheel in place. It probablely slipped or broke (it's sometime fragile, I broke one on a gen ETA 2436...)

Shouldn't be too hard to solve for a watchsmith.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Now the real trick is to get it all back together so it works

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Nope, it's dead. I destroyed it trying to see if it were salvageable. Nah. Anyone looking for a case and strap? Lol

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Nope, it's dead. I destroyed it trying to see if it were salvageable. Nah. Anyone looking for a case and strap? Lol
I'll take the whole thing, fix it, and send back for you. It'll give me more practice. I'll do
It free if you release me from doing any more damage just in case

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
I'm guessing by the hands still attached to
Dial you yanked off the dial before removing he hands (subdial)?

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Aw, well I would have, but I threw the movement and dial and hands away. Anyway, the movement broke as I was taking out the screws. It would have wound, but the winder just popped off. People who work on watches must have small steady hands, I don't.

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Aw, well I would have, but I threw the movement and dial and hands away. Anyway, the movement broke as I was taking out the screws. It would have wound, but the winder just popped off. People who work on watches must have small steady hands, I don't.
All could have fixed for cheaper than you think by a pro. Next time remember tons of people here will buy it broken also

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
It's just practice and getting the right size tools for your hands also

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
All could have fixed for cheaper than you think by a pro. Next time remember tons of people here will buy it broken also
Well that's good to know. In the future.... Actually, I have a rep Cartier that stops, one of my first reps from a non TD. Want to try and fix it? Been in my watch box looking pretty, but useless. I'd send it to you, if something happens to it I don't care.. Maybe you can get it to work.

D

d4m.test

fuck man try messing with it chaning time and date and then winging it and letting the date change on its own