• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pilot 3777 - Completely stopped!

KingKen2020

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/6/17
Hi All,

I'm a newish member and first time poster.

I recently acquired a pilot 3777, when the watch arrived everything was working fine however now it has stopped working completely.

The crown still moves in and out and you can set the hands, day and date fine however the watch now just doesn't tick! It is like something has snapped or become disengaged!

When I shake the watch I am sure I can hear something rattling?

I notice some threads of sort of similar issues but not exactly the same. I am completely new to this so zero experience of taking a watch apart!

I am keen to fix the watch so any thoughts or suggestions of what to do very greatly appreciated

Sent from the RWI App

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
It's impossible to fix it by yourself. An A7750 is probably the most complicated and troublesome movement that even experienced watch modders have problems with those.

I'll guess that you probably broke the keyless...

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

KingKen2020

24/6/17
It's impossible to fix it by yourself. An A7750 is probably the most complicated and troublesome movement that even experienced watch modders have problems with those.

That doesn't sound good! Would a regular watch repairer be able to fix it?

Sent from the RWI App

KingKen2020

24/6/17

That doesn't sound good! Would a regular watch repairer be able to fix it?

Sent from the RWI App

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
I'd have the back off and take a look inside. I suspect that you will find a tiny (case or rotor) screw floating around the Balance wheel and spring....

asiparks

30/5/08
the sound when you shake it; is it rattling or whirring?
when the crown is just unscrewed, not pulled out to set the hands or date, can you wind the watch manually ?

KingKen2020

24/6/17
the sound when you shake it; is it rattling or whirring?
when the crown is just unscrewed, not pulled out to set the hands or date, can you wind the watch manually ?

It's a rattle, when I wind the watch it turns ok and makes a similar noise to when it worked but when I stop nothing happens.. the second dial just doesn't move!

Looks like I need to take it to a repairer.

Do watch repairers have issues with replicas?

Sent from the RWI App

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
Any idea of how much it would cost to repair?

Sent from the RWI App

It really depends what the problem is. All we can do here is guess unless we can see the movement ourselves and evaluate. I'm no watch smith though. Look for someone reputable. If you're from CONUS, there are tons of reputable watch smiths here on RWI based on CONUS.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
It's a standard 7750 configuration of the subdials, so not the problematic Portuguese layout. We have several watchsmiths here that will work on the 7750 movements. Vac, Strodda, 14060 or 16610? Will all service them. It's a nice watch... don't give up on it! Personally I'd open the back and see if by chance something like the rotor came loose. Let me ask this, when you try to hand wind, how many times do you turn the crown? Try at least 40-50 and see if it starts. The 7750 needs to be charged more then others do...even my gen 7750 and 7751 require 30-30 turns to start running most times.

KingKen2020

24/6/17
It's a standard 7750 configuration of the subdials, so not the problematic Portuguese layout. We have several watchsmiths here that will work on the 7750 movements. Vac, Strodda, 14060 or 16610? Will all service them. It's a nice watch... don't give up on it! Personally I'd open the back and see if by chance something like the rotor came loose. Let me ask this, when you try to hand wind, how many times do you turn the crown? Try at least 40-50 and see if it starts. The 7750 needs to be charged more then others do...even my gen 7750 and 7751 require 30-30 turns to start running most times.

Just turned it 60 times and unfortunately nothing. Definitely a small rattle so will have a go at taking the back off..... is that easy to do!?

Sent from the RWI App

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
Just turned it 60 times and unfortunately nothing. Definitely a small rattle so will have a go at taking the back off..... is that easy to do!?

Sent from the RWI App

If you have the proper tools like a friction ball (or a rolled up ball of duck tape as substitute) or a caseback opener, yes pretty simple.

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16

Sent from the RWI App
The standard toolset will work. Use the watch case opener.
getImage

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Yes should be a standard screw off back. If you don't have the above-mentioned tool which is the correct one, take a big wad of duct tape, ball it up sticky side out press it on the back and turn. After you get it open Snap a few pictures and upload it if you're not sure what you're looking at.