• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Contiunued Poor IWC ZF Quality

snowykim

Supporter
25/12/12
NY, USA
ZF price is inflated compared to its quality. It’s QC is so inferior to peers like Noob, etc.

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
SAdly my beautiful BigPilot has developed issues after the lume fell off the marker. Now the movement keeps stopping. Looks like I may need to find a replacement movement. Does anyone know what 'fits'?

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
SAdly my beautiful BigPilot has developed issues after the lume fell off the marker. Now the movement keeps stopping. Looks like I may need to find a replacement movement. Does anyone know what 'fits'?

Peacock SL-6601 automatic is the movement
There is at least one guy in the forum in EU who can service these..

bukkupke

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
8/7/14
ATX
Of course you want high-quality in the first go-round, but between you and your TD, you can usually get a good to great ZF and then most modders can take it to the next level. Your biggest issue will be and dials defects; I have a crooked marker and while most modders will take a look at it, most won't touch it as it will mess up the dial finish. Same thing with print. But crooked dials, movement issues, hands, etc. can usually be fixed easily and spare parts can be sourced (faster if you are buying a new watch too :adoration:).

924er

Known Member
28/12/16
764f4051de3ed98a7eec1f9d819ab11a.jpg

So I was also a victim from ZFs poor QC. Their rep accuracy is great however, the build isn't. My 3777 had some minor dial flaws but in REALITY, who's gonna notice but you? Even friends who take a look at it in their hands don't notice and laugh when I point it out like, really?

So 1 month later the crown failed to screw down. I opened the watch up and pinched the tube which did the trick. Not sure for how long. I even regulated it to +5sec/day compared to its original 40 sec. I later replaced the crystal. All this using $16 eBay watch tools and literally no experience.

This ZF 3777 is my favorite watch, so my point is... take the gamble, mod it, fix it, if that's not your thing. Avoid ZF at all cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dashindark

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Coming late to this thread that I wish I had found earlier... Over the course of a year I bought 3 IWC from ZF and they were all faulty. So, it is still an issue in 2019.

The first watch had a PR of less than 10hrs, the second and third ones stopped working after some weeks only.

I managed to sell the first one for parts and swapped the movement on the third one for a gen 7750. The second one was a 5001 for which I am still considering if buying a movement (peacock SL6601) is worth it...

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
jcher
why do you dredge up old threads like this? Not one person has anything to say in this thread for over a year and a half and somehow now this is relevant? I'm not defending zf but they have upped their QC. I personally have had several zf watches in the past year or so and have had zero issues.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
jcher
why do you dredge up old threads like this? Not one person has anything to say in this thread for over a year and a half and somehow now this is relevant? I'm not defending zf but they have upped their QC. I personally have had several zf watches in the past year or so and have had zero issues.

Hi, simply because out of 3 watches from ZF purchased over the last months all were faulty... did my homework and I posted a thread about it. To me this still seems relevant...

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hi, simply because out of 3 watches from ZF purchased over the last months all were faulty... did my homework and I posted a thread about it. To me this still seems relevant...

Fair enough...