• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MY NEW IWC Pilot Chronograph Edition 377714 "Le Petit Prince" Blue Dial Leather ZF A7750

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
Zf is also thicker than gen.
By how much? Not enough to matter I don’t think. And really neither is the date wheel. Nobody is going to notice or care about the date font. Only Rolex people worry about that. Lol
Being called out is a myth!

BadSamaritan

MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/15
Just gotten these QC pics that make the dial look very dull and matte. Grounds for a rejection? Or is the sunburst just very hard to capture on camera?

That's perfection if I ever saw it. Accept it with enthusiasm.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Just gotten these QC pics that make the dial look very dull and matte. Grounds for a rejection? Or is the sunburst just very hard to capture on camera?

That is a very very good example of one. I would take that if I were you. The next one probably wont be as good.

King of Coffee

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
1/8/13
Not really a good pic tho.
See the gen here:

5da2c234015c5209b2901200bd927862.jpg

6f053c4d367f6910f7f8dfc1d428c626.jpg

The rep has no chance.

I agree, the gen quality and movement priced at sub $5k has me secure in skipping the rep on this one and going straight for gen this month. My only dilemma is getting bracelet or strap. I don’t wear brown much and leather has never been my preferred strap for my lean 7.25” wrist, there are no good rubber options either. The bracelet changes the look of the case for me though. Jomashop has a price difference of only $200 between the two and the bracelet would have to be a more expensive purchase after the fact. What size wrist are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

I agree, the gen quality and movement priced at sub $5k has me secure in skipping the rep on this one and going straight for gen this month. My only dilemma is getting bracelet or strap. I don’t wear brown much and leather has never been my preferred strap for my lean 7.25” wrist, there are no good rubber options either. The bracelet changes the look of the case for me though. Jomashop has a price difference of only $200 between the two and the bracelet would have to be a more expensive purchase after the fact. What size wrist are you?

7.75 inch wrist
63e23945d6c85b047b36d1dde14dc158.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Haha, you keep selling me on that brown strap Cara! Looks great on that wrist, but how bout with all this color...
022030ab8ad3696b17ac64ffca5cf10b.jpg

I think brown goes better with the tattoo than silver :) still need your waist size!

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Italian complexion. Just unfair.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

M4ttc

Known Member
17/7/17
Get the bracelet all day long. It is a high quality rep of a very expensive bracelet. The leather rep isn’t good quality. Get the bracelet and buy a gen leather strap for inter changing IMHO .

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
In terms of quality the bracelet undoubtedly is by far the better choice, ack. A decent leather strap can however easily be sourced from one of our strap makers.

acozcan

Known Member
6/7/17
The 2xAR crystal upgrade is amazing. I have done it for my JF AP 15400 and it is honestly night and day. I have to say thought that the particular IWC v2 pilot had an upgraded crystal (compared to the v1 which I also have) and it got me thnking whether the 2xAR upgrade was worth it. In the end I did it anyway as I had already the prof 2xAR crystal in my hands but it is telling that I had to think about it. I hope this helps.

do you still keeo the watch? Please share some pictures. and how much you have paid for 2xAR crystal?

acozcan

Known Member
6/7/17
Is there GEN vs. REP comparison of the 377714 Le Petit Prince edition? I am planning to order this week. When I saw that it is not a super rep or NWBIG, I was a little frustrated however, I like 377714 so much that I will order one.

Also if the ZF version of any 3777 series is the latest and best edition? As far as I know, no other version is coming from any maker for the 3777 series.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Ordered one today, the Watch is so beautiful !!!

lak09cfa

Looking Around
21/10/18
Whats your take on this 377714, gen or rep? Have hard time to find comparisons pic gen vs rep. Got it from Chrono24 as a Gen. Appreciate all inputs.

Thanks

p.jpeg
p.jpeg
p.jpeg
p.jpeg
p.jpeg
p.jpeg
p.jpeg
p.jpeg

shamanblues999

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/4/18
Wanted to address the sunburst discussion particularly with the new ZF V2 version. I just got mine from chazing and am very pleased (with the exception of the strap) which as many agree is not very good. Mine in fact is a different color from the original darker brown Santoni. I bought a used original Santoni and it makes a huge difference. The blue dial is gorgeous and although it might be slightly lighter the the gen it comes pretty close. I went to a local AD and can attest to it. Here are some pics of the sunburst as captured by my iPhone X.
d5ac2addd9a72a1122f411bce8d8bf75.jpg
bb80f30cc06867c90b7ef916c4087d38.jpg

Here is a pic of the straps. The rep one is way lighter and feels plasticky. The difference with the original Santoni is noticeable.
472e2d5daa6ce047502bd7d54aa2c9b1.jpg

I have a custom one coming from ziczac and will post new pics once I get it.
But overall I can say that I’m very happy with this rep. The blue dial is very nice, almost like the original. If I could do it again I would have bought the ss bracelet and ordered an original Santoni like I did anyway. Some commented above that a double AR is worth it but to be honest I’m not sure.