• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Big Pilot 5009 - REP vs GEN Comparison

pechspils

4/9/16
FYI: looks like the 5009-08 has been discontinued by ZF. Just received the bad news when I ordered one.

swissentrecote

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/3/15
whats happend?
it means its over with that great piece of work?!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Awesomeo

13/9/13
FYI: looks like the 5009-08 has been discontinued by ZF. Just received the bad news when I ordered one.
That is a shame. Are there other factories offering it?

Really like the silver edged numerals and the all arabic lume. Not a fan of the Mark XVII's 3 day exposed date window though, so was planning the BP LPP as my next rep in the new year!

Yuzno65

Horology Curious
9/3/17
That is a shame. Are there other factories offering it?

Really like the silver edged numerals and the all arabic lume. Not a fan of the Mark XVII's 3 day exposed date window though, so was planning the BP LPP as my next rep in the new year!

Not sure why someone said that 5009-08 discontinued.
it is available at puretime03

If you really want to buy one with 2xAR crystal . check this one
https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...-prince-blue-dial-and-my-2xar-crystal.389517/

Awesomeo

13/9/13

If you really want to buy one with 2xAR crystal . check this one
https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...-prince-blue-dial-and-my-2xar-crystal.389517/

Yeah that's one of the threads that moved it from a probably to a definitely! Puretime has a lot of old watches listed that aren't available any more. Original quote said he tried to order and was told its no longer in production - looking around I can't see any sites that prune old/unavailable stock offering it.

Yuzno65

Horology Curious
9/3/17
Yeah that's one of the threads that moved it from a probably to a definitely! Puretime has a lot of old watches listed that aren't available any more. Original quote said he tried to order and was told its no longer in production - looking around I can't see any sites that prune old/unavailable stock offering it.
I ordered 5009-08 from puretime a week ago and it has been shipped to me. Hopefully will get it in next 10 days, but if I know that . one with 2xAR crystal is available - I would buy it.
Let's see what will arrive and if I will do any mods to watch.

Awesomeo

13/9/13
I ordered 5009-08 from puretime a week ago and it has been shipped to me. Hopefully will get it in next 10 days, but if I know that . one with 2xAR crystal is available - I would buy it.
Let's see what will arrive and if I will do any mods to watch.

Ah good to know, thanks. Got a rep on the way or I'd be getting that one!

pechspils

4/9/16

I was referring to the v1. Since my post they released the v2 a few weeks ago and that was the reason the v1 wasn't available at the beginning of the year.

Awesomeo

13/9/13
I was referring to the v1. Since my post they released the v2 a few weeks ago and that was the reason the v1 wasn't available at the beginning of the year.
Thanks for the clarification! Any details on what's new for v2?

ckwhon

10/6/17
Hi I have been researching on the IWC 500901 and I can't seem to find the thickness difference between the Gen and the Rep. Anyone has did the measurement before? Another thing is does anyone franken this model before, say reducing the thickness of the caseback? or make the crown looks less sunken with the logo?

taifighter84

24/8/17
Impressive where we've come to at this point. The industry is well equipped to match what the real houses are doing. To be honest it makes the whole luxury thing more of a scam than anything! Why would anyone pay those insane prices knowing what they basically mark up...

Reactions: vcappp

nkjn3979

Horology Curious
1/12/18
Hello guys, my order finally came. Here are the photos. The strap seems a bit long and stiff. Heavy leather smell. Other than that the piece itself is very satisfying.

Reactions: pancorjackhammer

plamen14460

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/11/14
EU
Big pilot zf is a great replica , this is mine on custom handmade strap
297981067bfe8fc9ed5ba63d07f79592.jpg

Изпратено от моят SM-G950F с помощта на Tapatalk

Reactions: pancorjackhammer