• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Big pilot QC pics

mohitgoyal87

Horology Curious
7/5/16
Hi everyone,

I needed your help with a specific question.

Shouldn't the day-wheel be larger and be embeded with the 2 and 4. Like overlapping them? With only part of the numbers 2 and 4 visible?
Thanks for your advice and help in advance.
gJhnuJ.jpg
93WQMm.jpg

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
What is this? Holy sh...! Sorry this is a cheapy. Where did you buy that? Keep in mind one policy to be not cheated in the rep business: only buy from TD.

A short view: this is one of the old version with wrong working PR position, recessed date wheel, wrong date window position (and this date wheel is also wrong centered in the window), wrong hands, wrong case back, ugly strap - and so on. Don't buy it.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Which "TD" send you these QCs? I think this is a case for the admins if he is a TD here and you tried to buy or ordered a 5009-08.

mohitgoyal87

Horology Curious
7/5/16
I am not sure if I should mention his name since he's a very reputable dealer here and everyone had great reviews about him. This, might have been just one off incident. But I was really pissed when I got these pics since the TD are very highly rated here for being genuine.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Because I know the typical style of the first two winning "Dealer of The Year"-TDs, I can say they don't use such "backgrounds" for their QC pics. So these two TDs are out of scope here. "Very reputable" on the 3th to last place - it depends... One incident or "accident"? I don't believe, sorry. A "very reputable" dealer knows the difference between the actual available reps and china crackers. If he tries to sell you such a watch there are only 2 possibilities: he isn't very reputable or he is a fraudster.

mohitgoyal87

Horology Curious
7/5/16
No I have not transferred any funds and don;t intend to do so. Thanks everyone for their input.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
And so it's clear it isn't against the rules by any means to send qc pics before payment is received just unusual

Sent from the RWI mobile app

dorsen

Known Member
28/9/15
And so it's clear it isn't against the rules by any means to send qc pics before payment is received just unusual

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Don't TD's usually have almost 0 inventory? You pay, they go get the item then send QC pics and then they either send it you or they go and trade it for another.

So I reckon if they're sending QC pics first it's probably an old/sale/clearance model (and they're sending QC before payments because they know you'll hate it) or they're not a TD and it's a second hand sale.