• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5007 photos and thoughts

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Quick photos of my new ZF 5007 Stainless steel, white dial with gold hands and numbers.

Dial and numbers on mine are very good.
I have swapped out the rep strap for VNhandcraftart Vietnam strap and am using the curved springbars. Strap is not a curved end one, but is way better than the rep strap.
This watch runs perfectly, great power reserve and accurate...
New clasp is nice. engravings are good but finish is sharp edged.

However, the movement has issues. It is very tight/rough when trying to change the date or initially powering up.

This is my second 5007, the first one was returned after two days as the power reserve did not function and the second hand had a problem(jumping when changing the date or time)

I had the 5001 and believe the movement quality was much better.

I think ZF movement quality is poor on this watch and the problems are impossible to tell via the QC process.

fishysquishy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Thanks for the beautiful pics! Im pretty sure its the same movement as the 5001 just with different plates on top to make it look like the current 7-day movement.. So there shouldn't be any difference in quality between them. Also can you please post some movement pics and also the clasp when you have a chance? I was wondering how the finish is on the clasp..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Not sure as I am using the curved springbars. The new strap works well with them.

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Updated photos now showing new clasp. The strap is great value for money.

D

d4m.test

Updated photos now showing new clasp. The strap is great value for money.

And this is from the new "supporting vendor" Strapviet right?

Does the leather feel plasticky?

D

d4m.test

Your pics are stunning and the dial catching light with all the golden reflections from the hands and numbers are simply stunning. Visually I´d never believe this is a rep.
A pity on the movement, is that because of decorations - or what reliable movement could be swept inside these?
Congrats on it

dondulah

Known Member
3/4/16
Other posts talk about this model being a super red with an outstanding movement, a revolutionary movement. Is this really a poor movement?

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
I can only go by my experience. The one I have now runs amazingly well, only issue is setting the date and winding from dead. Movement looks fantastic and may just be dirty or a dodgy steam as the steam does not appear to engage well at all.

My first one had jumping seconds and a dead power reserve indicator as well as a couple of other minor movement problems and was sent back for exchange

Kang_salavtore

Renowned Member
21/3/16
what size is the leather strap of this watch ? 22mm-18mm ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Quick update:
Watch has been running non stop for 2 months now. I have let the PR almost run down(4 days from full power) and then worn it for a few days to power her up.
It has kept perfect time over this period. Very impressed by this movement.

I have ordered a SMP_lover strap with curved ends fro this and will post pictures once fitted.

rb023257852md

Goodwood

Known Member
30/1/11
Nice looking watch, the proper clasp is nice to have.

Too bad about the movement, I also have had problems with the ZF movement in my Petite Price Big Pilot (would not run constant and stopped intermittently), as such I don't think I will buy another ZF power reserve movement product. Strodda fixed the movement and lumed the dial as per his post on this forum. I have a Portuguese from the YL factory and while the claim is that the watch is not as accurate, the quality, fit , finish and feel of the watch is far better than the ZF.

Goodwood

zafod999

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/10
WP_20160613_13_02_09_Pro_zpsqqfgp8ig.jpg

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
What a nice job ZF has done, shame about the reliability of the movement.

whiteshields1830

Known Member
Certified
27/5/12
Yeah i will vouch for the unreliability of the ZF 5007 movement. I got mine 5 days ago. 1 white dial/gold numbers, and 1 grey dial/gold numbers. The white dial arrived DOA, while the grey came in ok initially. But the winding wheel came loose after 2 days of normal use. Returning both to the dealer as I type, and requesting for new QC pictures.

So in my experience....its 0/2 working.