• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official ZF IWC 500908 Big Pilot "Petite Prince" Thread

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Official ZF IWC 500908 Big Pilot "Petite Prince" Thread

Good question. There were some users doing this in a batch job, collecting crystals from other users taking part, coating them at a professional coating company and send them back to the users.

But I'm not sure this service is still available.

Normally the coating providers do not coat a single crystal.

I need a double side coated crystal for my gen IWC 5004 because the former owner obviously changed it with an uncoated aftermarket. No chance to buy without complete revision and waiting for 4 months while the watch is at IWC.

So I called Ryan/Intime and ordered a rep crystal for the 5004, hoping the AR is much better at this crystal.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Artived today... IW500908 ZF V2 Le Petit Prince.
3ca5568246909e11cf637554bcbbb155.jpg
110d269b219e66de4cd63bd8f9134291.jpg
30f5e7076d34f3b3973f95e1d281b1aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mrpong

15/9/19
Hi guys

I am about to get ZF V2 soon. Any idea how to mod it as close as gen?

How about professor Crystal upgrade?

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
So how do your dates align ? Any pictures of singles 10s and 20s ?
Mmmm now you made me see things that can't be unseen.... singles slightly ofset to the right, doubles are perfectly alignedd. BUT it is hardly a show stopper, writing it off to the quircks and tells all reps have, and only a Big Pilot collecting anorak with a spot-the-fake fetish will ever know :D :D.

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Hi guys

I am about to get ZF V2 soon. Any idea how to mod it as close as gen?

How about professor Crystal upgrade?
Yes I'd invest in correct AR coatings for this one, it is worth it.

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Mmmm now you made me see things that can't be unseen.... singles slightly ofset to the right, doubles are perfectly alignedd. BUT it is hardly a show stopper, writing it off to the quircks and tells all reps have, and only a Big Pilot collecting anorak with a spot-the-fake fetish will ever know :D :D.

Haha, an Anorak like me. Let’s change datewheels then. My singles are perfect.

It’s a running gag with my wife - we call the 10-19 the non BP days.

But it’s really strange. I have not seen singles that are off ???? maybe you got a V1, how is your lume ?

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19
6Ozk8.jpg

I'm finally also a proud owner of the BP LPP.
Although the rotor screw was loose when the watch arrived, I'm impressed by the movement. I think I've seen a movement breakdown of the A521111 in the past on the forum, but can't find it anymore.
Can anybody help me out with the link? I want to "study" the concept/ architecture of this movement a litte bit more.

Last edited:

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Stunning watch, does anyone know if these are considered super reps or how close they are to gen?
Check it out on the NWBIG list - really good rep, some folks complain about misalignment of some of the dates, and others mention the subdial on gen is matte, but to me this is near perfect. I love this watch!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

san4x

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/20
Just received my Big Pilot Le Petit Prince IW500908 ZF V2. Was hoping that the QC problems from ZF won't be an issue. Turns out the QC pictures from TD were great and I got the watch within a week from making the order. Very satisfied with the quality of the watch.

The date changes correctly at 12 o'clock. The sunburst dial is beautiful and everything nicely aligned. The only real difference I can tell from this rep and the gen that I tried at AD was the crown. The rep crown is kinda pressed in and recessed while the gen crown has the logo popping out. The le petit prince engraving in the case back is slightly different from gen in terms of feel but it's very close. The leather strap and clasp are very close to the gen that I tried at AD too.

Definitely a worthy buy considering the gen is 40 times the price of the rep.

Where can I order this? I very much like this replica but wondering how/where to order.
Thanks for your help!

Edit: Found this site, looks like ZF production, so that's great: http://www.sinowatch.co/iwc-big-pil...t-edition-on-brown-leather-strap-a521111.html

Last edited:

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Reactions: san4x

san4x

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/20
Thanks CaptainSplash there is indeed a nice list of TDs available..!

Been burnt with reps in the past (10 yrs ago).

Glad I found this forum this time around.

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
Thanks CaptainSplash there is indeed a nice list of TDs available..!

Been burnt with reps in the past (10 yrs ago).

Glad I found this forum this time around.
Things have changed in 10 years - we moved on from the quartz days a bit I'd say :D

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: san4x