• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[AWARDED] IWC 7 Days Portuguese 5001 & 5007 Review and Comparison

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Hi,

I just got my QC-pics.

It seems to me that the 5 is crooked compared to the 7.
Also at the 10 the 0 looks positioned slightly higher than the 1.

What do you think? Should I accept it?

IMG_6237.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6237.jpg
    IMG_6237.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 6

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
Definitely crooked..but easier to see on my 34 inch screen...doubt it would be noticeable on the wrist - so you should probably accept.

blackawd

Known Member
20/6/17
Hi,

I just got my QC-pics.

View attachment 50459

The 5 is a little crooked but all of these watches have little flaws like this. I just received the same watch two days ago and while my 5 is straight, my 1 and 8 are a little tilted. My 10 looks almost the same as yours. And your date is much more centered than mine. Like others have said, will be hard to notice while on your wrist.

Sent from the RWI App

bingodalian

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/15
it is just at this moment you pay full attention on the detail, once on your wrist, my experience tell it does not matter that much...

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
I dare to disagree. Whilst you are right regarding most "hidden" flaws, the dial is something you will always notice even small flaws - just because you know.

craiguk

26/7/16
Great original post and thread. Having read through it seems that generally ZF v4 (or v3 enhanced) is generally the most favoured.

I would really like the white face with gold markers and wondered if ZF is generally considered the best for that particular colour combo?

Also, is there any rumours about newer versions of the 5007?

rhkan

Horology Curious
11/6/17
Hi,

I just got my QC-pics.

View attachment 50459

It's funny to read about your experience with the ZF v4 IWC 5007 b/c I'm going through the same thing with my TD. Have gone through 3 of these watches now and the best one was sold to someone else. The remaining two:

Date 10-14 version - the 4 looks a bit faint, but I think it may be because the picture is low resolution? The 3 marker looks a bit misaligned?
Date 28-30 version - the 5 looks misaligned to me. How about the 10?

Do you guys notice anything else about these 2 watches? Would appreciate other eyeballs on this, especially those who are familiar with this watch.

Thanks!

IMG_6381 - Date 10-14.JPG IMG_7175 - Date 10-14.JPG IMG_7653 - Date 10-14.JPG IMG_9059 - Date 10-14.JPG IMG_1546 - Date 26-30.JPG IMG_3171 - Date 26-30.JPG IMG_7655 - Date 26-30.JPG IMG_9062 - Date 26-30.JPG

rhkan

Horology Curious
11/6/17
@lachi Looks pretty good. Does the 5 look aligned to you in person? And are the other dates on the date wheel more centered?

lachi

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/6/15
Thank you...difficult know....5 look aligned, when change date, this new are not evrytime perfect centered...for my experience it's really difficult talk about perfection in Rep out of the boxe ( without modding)..even whitness of dial are not exacly like gen....

Sent from the RWI App

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Guys, the dial talk is very useful (and keep going at it by all means) but hasn't anyone noticed that the font of Schaffhausen is much smaller in ZF reps than in YLF reps?!? This alone was the reason why I would not buy the ZF iteration. I recently ordered a YLF v3 white dial blue hands and it was great but the TD (Puretime) had forgotten that I had ordered it with a brown strap. When the "replacement" watch QC pics came I noticed that the font of Schaffhausen was much smaller and asked if there had been a mistake and I had been sent pics from a ZF watch. Puretime assured me tbat this is what YLF sent them. I asked for a refund.

I would like to try again but I am nervous......

Comments?

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
JFTR: The strap color does not really matter, since you need a new one anyway.

Sure, I rejected it. The point is that the gen font of Schaffhausen is much larger than it is in the ZF versions.The YLF v3 is very close indeed but one needs to be sure that they get QC pics for a YLF v3 when they order one. I did not.

I may try again as Puretime is the only TD that carries the v3 YLF with white dial and blue hands..... but making clear that I will reject anything else which is not a v3 YLF.

Bae Hyunsoo

Looking Around
23/11/16
Hi,

I am a complete newcomer here.
I should've amassed knowledge more and more, but I just impatiently pulled a trigger.

I know the policy here, but please.. I really need you guys to help me for QC.
Everything looks okay, but the time graph doesn't. Is the accuracy reasonable?

Looking forward to the valued opinions from someone who is familiar with IWC rep.

Thanks,

View attachment 96183View attachment 96184View attachment 96185View attachment 96186View attachment 96187View attachment 96189

Sent from the RWI App