• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The IWC Ingenieur 3239 40mm

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Congrats [MENTION=37869]hurk[/MENTION], pics ain't showing for me buddy.

I think it's a beautiful watch!

Maybe it's just me but apart from gen Rolex, all other gen watches that I have handled (in the 5-15k range) have made me think "ummmm, doesn't really feel like THAT much cash in my hands". Lol. So i understand your feeling.

Overall, I think you went with a good choice, especially given that there are no decent reps of your watch.

Also , what do you think of the crystal? How's the AR?

Thanks
Mech

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Congrats on the gen. I like it - but I think you will get bored of it in the long run and from your comments sounds like you will flip it sooner rather than later?

For $10k I probably would have bought a Rollie. Hulk/Batman is in that price bracket unless you already have them. Otherwise a nice 116613LB for a little more is quite achievable.

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Congrats on the gen. I like it - but I think you will get bored of it in the long run and from your comments sounds like you will flip it sooner rather than later?

For $10k I probably would have bought a Rollie. Hulk/Batman is in that price bracket unless you already have them. Otherwise a nice 116613LB for a little more is quite achievable.

For a rolex ive experimented with quite a few and the subc no date was the only one i thought i liked. Then went backwards and drooling over the 4 and 5 digits now. Like the batman but too shiny.

Im having one of those crisis where i can seem to find a watch i really really love.
Nothing does it for me.....will be selling this one for sure in the near future i think. Unless it grows on me. And it slowly has a bit.

DARKEST

5/4/06
IW323906e.jpg

IW323904e.jpg

IW323902e.jpg

Hi all,
I am very new to the world of luxury 'watches' - I am motivated by the look a a piece rather than the movement and technology at this stage, im am sure that will come later but not for the moment.

I bought a couple of watches via RWI but made the mistake of going with the fashion for larger cases (45mm) when in truth i just cant carry them off (smaller wrists) so armed with that knowledge i have been looking for smaller 'sports' type watches and came across this - a new release for 2013 from IWC
The IWC Ingenieur 3239

Does anyone know if this watch has been or is in the pipeline to be replicated?

DARKEST

5/4/06
Factories need to note, almost 11,000 views on this thread for a watch that has super rep possibilities

DARKEST

5/4/06
Rumours have milled around before that the factories have not proceeded due to difficulties with the bracelet, but i am unsure how true that actually is? Not sure what movement could could be utilised either.....all I know is for me this piece is clinical perfection and if the factories did a half decent rep I would take all three colours and hang my boots up from this rep game

pippo

10/1/10
Rumours have milled around before that the factories have not proceeded due to difficulties with the bracelet, but i am unsure how true that actually is? Not sure what movement could could be utilised either.....all I know is for me this piece is clinical perfection and if the factories did a half decent rep I would take all three colours and hang my boots up from this rep game

I am afraid they were just unconfirmed rumors. Other Ingenieur's with similar bracelets were repped accurately in the past.
Most likely a project for this watch has never been in the pipeline due to the "undersized" diameter. :bash:

DARKEST

5/4/06
I am afraid they were just unconfirmed rumors. Other Ingenieur's with similar bracelets were repped accurately in the past.
Most likely a project for this watch has never been in the pipeline due to the "undersized" diameter. :bash:
Sorry do you mean undersized in terms of the watch case being too small at 39mm for the tastes of members on this forum?

pippo

10/1/10
Sorry do you mean undersized in terms of the watch case being too small at 39mm for the tastes of members on this forum?
Exactly, 40mm is a lady size for the average Joe nowadays (in the world, generally speaking, RWI is no exception)
Not for me of course, my sweet spot is 38-42mm. 40mm is ideal.

DARKEST

5/4/06
Exactly, 40mm is a lady size for the average Joe nowadays (in the world, generally speaking, RWI is no exception)
Not for me of course, my sweet spot is 38-42mm. 40mm is ideal.
The Rolex oyster perpetual by Jf factory is similar size and flying off the shelf.

pippo

10/1/10
The Rolex oyster perpetual by Jf factory is similar size and flying off the shelf.

True but it's a Rolex, completely different story considering the popularity of that brand.
IWC is not even close.

The Ingy is probably not the easiest watch in the world to rep. maybe too expensive in term of hours to allocate.
Or maybe we are searching for sensible reasons and there are no sensible explanations, the watch hasn't been repped because factories' managers have different tastes. :D

DARKEST

5/4/06
True but it's a Rolex, completely different story considering the popularity of that brand.
IWC is not even close.

The Ingy is probably not the easiest watch in the world to rep. maybe too expensive in term of hours to allocate.
Or maybe we are searching for sensible reasons and there are no sensible explanations, the watch hasn't been repped because factories' managers have different tastes. :D
JF have done display case back 15400 which is even more complex with tappiserie dial and intricate bracelet. As far as Rolex if a factory breaks away from the "norm" then they may create their own niche in marketplace. Any way all Rolex look alike and personaly for me its getting boring

pippo

10/1/10
JF have done display case back 15400 which is even more complex with tappiserie dial and intricate bracelet. As far as Rolex if a factory breaks away from the "norm" then they may create their own niche in marketplace. Any way all Rolex look alike and personaly for me its getting boring
Unfortunately the target is not just you and I and obviously factories seem to disagree about the potential of a niche market.

Again, AP is way more popular than IWC.

I am annoyed. It's one of the few watches I really like from the IWC production of the past 5-6 Years.
Why on the earth do they have to skip this one and not the boring Da Vinci??!!

DARKEST

5/4/06
Unfortunately the target is not just you and I and obviously factories seem to disagree about the potential of a niche market.

Again, AP is way more popular than IWC.

I am annoyed. It's one of the few watches I really like from the IWC production of the past 5-6 Years.
Why on the earth do they have to skip this one and not the boring Da Vinci??!!
Beats me ,really does.

Slimsjaer

Horology Curious
10/3/13
I keep coming back to the IWC board just to check for any updates on this watch. The 3239 is the one of only two IWCs I really like (the other might be too big for me).
The size of this watch is great for my small wrist. I usually go for PAMs and also added the AP 15400 to my collection. The AP feels a bit too shinny for everyday wear. The 3239 would be great! I really hope this gets repped and is done to a good level.

iceman767

Known Member
20/10/12
I keep coming back to the IWC board just to check for any updates on this watch. The 3239 is the one of only two IWCs I really like (the other might be too big for me).
The size of this watch is great for my small wrist. I usually go for PAMs and also added the AP 15400 to my collection. The AP feels a bit too shinny for everyday wear. The 3239 would be great! I really hope this gets repped and is done to a good level.
I bought mine straight from the boutique the moment it was released 4 yrs ago no regrets what so ever. I doubt it would ever be repped as it's now a discontinued model.

Here is a pic
8b84c796b44e3156deab058a0717afc2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

iceman767

Known Member
20/10/12
Perhaps our dealers could be so nice as to rep this
317e11cc92fcbdcc75db171af6ad911b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pippo

10/1/10