The IWC Ingenieur 3239 40mm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pippo, post: 3688669, member: 25921
    Exactly, 40mm is a lady size for the average Joe nowadays (in the world, generally speaking, RWI is no exception)
    Not for me of course, my sweet spot is 38-42mm. 40mm is ideal.
    The Rolex oyster perpetual by Jf factory is similar size and flying off the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST, post: 3689447, member: 1717
      The Rolex oyster perpetual by Jf factory is similar size and flying off the shelf.
      True but it's a Rolex, completely different story considering the popularity of that brand.
      IWC is not even close.

The Ingy is probably not the easiest watch in the world to rep. maybe too expensive in term of hours to allocate.
      Or maybe we are searching for sensible reasons and there are no sensible explanations, the watch hasn't been repped because factories' managers have different tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by pippo, post: 3689499, member: 25921
        True but it's a Rolex, completely different story considering the popularity of that brand.
        IWC is not even close.

The Ingy is probably not the easiest watch in the world to rep. maybe too expensive in term of hours to allocate.
        Or maybe we are searching for sensible reasons and there are no sensible explanations, the watch hasn't been repped because factories' managers have different tastes.
        JF have done display case back 15400 which is even more complex with tappiserie dial and intricate bracelet. As far as Rolex if a factory breaks away from the "norm" then they may create their own niche in marketplace. Any way all Rolex look alike and personaly for me its getting boring

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST, post: 3690765, member: 1717
          JF have done display case back 15400 which is even more complex with tappiserie dial and intricate bracelet. As far as Rolex if a factory breaks away from the "norm" then they may create their own niche in marketplace. Any way all Rolex look alike and personaly for me its getting boring
          Unfortunately the target is not just you and I and obviously factories seem to disagree about the potential of a niche market.

Again, AP is way more popular than IWC.

I am annoyed. It's one of the few watches I really like from the IWC production of the past 5-6 Years.
          Why on the earth do they have to skip this one and not the boring Da Vinci??!!

Comment

Originally posted by pippo, post: 3690808, member: 25921
            Unfortunately the target is not just you and I and obviously factories seem to disagree about the potential of a niche market.

Again, AP is way more popular than IWC.

I am annoyed. It's one of the few watches I really like from the IWC production of the past 5-6 Years.
            Why on the earth do they have to skip this one and not the boring Da Vinci??!!
            Beats me ,really does.

Comment

I keep coming back to the IWC board just to check for any updates on this watch. The 3239 is the one of only two IWCs I really like (the other might be too big for me).
              The size of this watch is great for my small wrist. I usually go for PAMs and also added the AP 15400 to my collection. The AP feels a bit too shinny for everyday wear. The 3239 would be great! I really hope this gets repped and is done to a good level.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimsjaer, post: 3703249, member: 60694
                I keep coming back to the IWC board just to check for any updates on this watch. The 3239 is the one of only two IWCs I really like (the other might be too big for me).
                The size of this watch is great for my small wrist. I usually go for PAMs and also added the AP 15400 to my collection. The AP feels a bit too shinny for everyday wear. The 3239 would be great! I really hope this gets repped and is done to a good level.
                I bought mine straight from the boutique the moment it was released 4 yrs ago no regrets what so ever. I doubt it would ever be repped as it's now a discontinued model.

Here is a pic

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Perhaps our dealers could be so nice as to rep this

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone have an update on the question, if a rep version of this watch exists?
                    I've seen information that there a rep version with ET A2892 movement (No trusted dealer: http://www.nanawatch.cn/iwc-ingenieu...892-p-516.html
                    See videos below the article: http://www.susanreviews.com/2020/05/...-watch-review/)

Comment

No, no update and no availability on our TDs' websites

Comment

Originally posted by WeiKoh View Post
                        Does anyone have an update on the question, if a rep version of this watch exists?
                        I've seen information that there a rep version with ET A2892 movement (No trusted dealer: http://www.nanawatch.cn/iwc-ingenieu...892-p-516.html
                        See videos below the article: http://www.susanreviews.com/2020/05/...-watch-review/)
                        OMG!!

I'll take one of these in the moment that they are available in a TD.

Well, maybe I'll wait for some reviews before push the trigger.
                        Last edited by Octobrist; 13-05-20, 19:24.

Comment

https://kuvarsit06.com/iwc-ingenieur...ersion.-swiss/

Comment

That's not the Ingy we discuss here and most likely not even available for sale
                            Last edited by pippo; 23-06-20, 20:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Octobrist View Post

OMG!!

I'll take one of these in the moment that they are available in a TD.

Well, maybe I'll wait for some reviews before push the trigger.
                              No TD seems to offer that watch and it makes me wonder.
                              None would be happy to play the guinea pig role at that price.

Comment

Working...
                              X