• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The IWC Ingenieur 3239 40mm

boston02108

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/1/16
I thgt of getting a gen too. But prices of ETA based IWC are a bit too hard to swallow.

A million times this. Even second hand they are absurdly expensive, especially considering you are never going to see the movement and its finishing. They're up there in being overpriced like Blancpain.

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
The Eterna Royal Kontiki is a bit cheaper than the gen iwc ingenieur

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

steelrain45

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/16
Actually the rep maker should make one of this 40mm Ingy. Because majority of us don't wanna spend too much on a gen IWC with an ETA based movement. I'm sure they will sell like hot cakes. :thumbup:

ariffza

Known Member
20/11/11
Actually the rep maker should make one of this 40mm Ingy. Because majority of us don't wanna spend too much on a gen IWC with an ETA based movement. I'm sure they will sell like hot cakes. :thumbup:

Angus mentioned on RG that V6 factory is repping them with Angus' gen as sample. I'm sure it'll be out one day but no idea when though.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Angus mentioned on RG that V6 factory is repping them with Angus' gen as sample. I'm sure it'll be out one day but no idea when though.

Yeah but that was long time ago and not even one picture shared from Angus side since then. Not even one single update or answers to our questions.
Don't wanna be too negative but I wouldn't count on it too much.

ariffza

Known Member
20/11/11
Yeah but that was long time ago and not even one picture shared from Angus side since then. Not even one single update or answers to our questions.
Don't wanna be too negative but I wouldn't count on it too much.

Back in the days Angus used to always update on RG new rep development updates but by doing so he's usually the first one to get bashed by people. He's made a concious decision not to provide any details because of this. I'm still hopeful this rep will happen as he's confirmed that he bought a gen for the factory to replicate. I'm just hoping that its taking this long for them to release it because they want to make sure they get it right the first time.

DARKEST

5/4/06
C'mon Angus give us something to cling on, is this piece still in the pipeline?

peterpl

24/7/11
I've given up on this one. If they were serious I think it would be out already. Look at the IWC big pilot LPP etc....all these came out way later than this and a super rep is already available. Dont hold your breath

pippo

10/1/10
Folks, stop fooling ourselves, I am afraid there will be no rep of the 3239 or we would know from watchbus.

Slimsjaer

Horology Curious
10/3/13
It's a shame.... I'd definitely buy a rep of the 3239 if one was ever made. The size is prefect for my wrist. Would love to add this nice piece to my collection.

DARKEST

5/4/06
Over the years there has been a lot of sentiment for this watch to be repped. Many members have given commitments if it ever came into being. Mystery does surround why it has'nt and thats the disappointing part of it. I still do feel we will eventually see one of the factories cotton onto it,I think the one that does first will cash in

DARKEST

5/4/06
Just noticed this thread recieved 3000 plus views, that tells me the level of intrest

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
Would love to have this on a metal strap or a Kevlar /canvas strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk