Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The IWC Ingenieur 3239 40mm

Hi all,
    I am very new to the world of luxury 'watches' - I am motivated by the look a a piece rather than the movement and technology at this stage, im am sure that will come later but not for the moment.

I bought a couple of watches via RWI but made the mistake of going with the fashion for larger cases (45mm) when in truth i just cant carry them off (smaller wrists) so armed with that knowledge i have been looking for smaller 'sports' type watches and came across this - a new release for 2013 from IWC
    The IWC Ingenieur 3239

Does anyone know if this watch has been or is in the pipeline to be replicated?

Angus of Puretime has talked about them, but they are a good few months away yet.

Comment

Thanks Bonesey,

ill send him a mail. looks like ill have to get an explorer 1 39mm for the time being, although not truly 'sporty' still a flexible enough wear, i think.

Comment

I think the explorer I is actually very "sporty". It is simple, but it has a pretty "sporty" history if you read into it. Not a big Rolex guy myself, but the Explorer I appeals to me.

Comment

nice!

Comment

I have been looking around for a super rep on this particular model. Are there anyone selling it at the moment?

Comment

No, 40mm Ingy is not available and despite some rumors there is no evidence of a future release

Comment

If it materializes I Will have to Get this to... List is getting long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pippo, post: 2595945
                  No, 40mm Ingy is not available and despite some rumors there is no evidence of a future release
                  Well PT again started making posts in Ingy thread over the RG (after about 1 year of total silence) so there is some evidence or at least hopes..
                  - IWC Addict -
                  i might have few IWCs

Comment

I got tired of waiting for the rep and caved in. It's a great timepiece. IWC got it right with this purist's ingy.

Comment

Amazing!

I am afraid it was a wise move to go gen, I have the strong feeling we will never see an accurate replica of this masterpiece

Comment

I thgt of getting a gen too. But prices of ETA based IWC are a bit too hard to swallow.

Comment

beautiful piece... if this will ever be reped i'll get 2 in no time...

Comment

Steelrain,
                            The reworked IWC 30110-calibre ETA based movement is a tried and true workhorse and is more accurate than my in-house made P.5000 movement Panerai. It's also easily serviceable. The movement keeps this Ingenieur in a more reasonable price point. An in-house would raise the price considerably. Also, IWC does not have an in-house movement thin enough to fit in this 10mm height case.

Comment

I dont know why the rep factories dont rep this. It will be quite easy as they can just use an ETA/Miyota 9015 and because its closed caseback its has potential to become a super rep.

Comment

Working...
                              X