• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How long does it usually take for factory to release new model?

Kokolol

Horology Curious
12/6/22
For instance, IWC Lake Tahoe / Woodland, that were release in.... April 2022?
Anyways, how long, approximately, should we expect the factories to produce them?

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
Highly subjective. Many factors at play here such as popularity of model, demand, availability of materials used etc. Poor versions can come out in months, good versions in a year at least or so.

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
I am awaiting the 43mm big pilots, and the amg petronas if they do it, also the new ceratanium models, but with the display backs it’s a question to how and if as apposed to when :( think I will go gen eventually on one

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
I am awaiting the 43mm big pilots, and the amg petronas if they do it, also the new ceratanium models, but with the display backs it’s a question to how and if as apposed to when :( think I will go gen eventually on one

The column wheel movement raised the chrono game which isn't easy to replicate. Gen is the safest route for one of them.

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
The new Rolex GMT-Master II was produced in just a few weeks. However demand was enourmous. Also Rolex releases only a few models

Demand for IWC is way lower and so are the margins. And they release way more models each year. So Maybe a year, maybe newer.