• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC MKVII/MKVIII - which one should I go for?

mandipan

18/11/13
Hi folks! This particular references are really growing on me but I can’t understand what’s available today given the recent raids (and of course what’s closer to 1:1).

Should I go for MKF, MKS or V7?

ttbb281

Horology Curious
27/7/17
As far as I know, MKF/S is still closed. V7F is open and their Mark 18s look very good. The LPP version is apparently very good. If you are looking at bracelet models, the black dial version comes with the LPP's polished-centre-links bracelet as opposed to fully brushed like the gen.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
They're both great, but you can't order the Mark XVII at the moment. Tried the same a few weeks ago and had to switch to the XVIII.

the massakretor Check back on that V7F with your TD. I got the choice to order it with an Asian 2892 which is significantly cheaper, around $420 if I remember correctly (on steel bracelet). I don't believe that Swiss movement story anyway.

Last edited:

the massakretor

23/8/13
They're both great, but you can't order the Mark XVII at the moment. Tried the same a few weeks ago and had to switch to the XVIII.

the massakretor Check back on that V7F with your TD. I got the choice to order it with an Asian 2892 which is significantly cheaper, around $420 if I remember correctly (on steel bracelet). I don't believe that Swiss movement story anyway.

Oh I will check if that's possible. 420$ is still on the higher end, but definitely more in the realm of decency. What TD did you use, if I may ask? Usually I deal with Hontwatch

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Oh I will check if that's possible. 420$ is still on the higher end, but definitely more in the realm of decency. What TD did you use, if I may ask? Usually I deal with Hontwatch

I went with Lucy, but any TD shold be able to source the A2892 version.

Edit: here's my QC (accepted) of the V7F Mark XVIII LPP.

jrPJu4.jpg

jrPcjI.jpg

Last edited: