• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

You think people will spot fake IWCs?

OverAfton

Patron
Certified
4ee6321ebcabe9d1fa5c7fa648fe1fed.jpg

Ok this watch/strap combination is beyond stunning!!!:worthy:

Om3ga_guy PM'd....will take when GREEN. Better yet, just make this a Reserved Sale for yours truly!!!

Reactions: klockjohan

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
I once took a trip to Switzerland and wore my Panerai rep.

The watch kept perfect time while there. It must have felt it was in the home of the real brand, and needed to be on it's best behavior.

Reactions: EuroTime25

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I once took a trip to Switzerland and wore my Panerai rep.

The watch kept perfect time while there. It must have felt it was in the home of the real brand, and needed to be on it's best behavior.

I wore my rep Panerai to a IWC store and no one can tell. I was Disappointed that someone who makes $16 an hour cannot tell if my watch was a rep or gen. Lol I am a person who wears my rep to a Gen Store and still no one can tell because its all how you act. I worked in a store that had expensive glasses and if someone came in with a Fake Versions I never could tell because all those small details I never cared for, or cared to research on because it didnt hurt me in any way. I just saw each person as a new customer. I think we put it in iur head as everyone who works at a store spends all their after hours looking through Youtube and Watch Manuals to see signs. But in reality they are getting high and relaxing playing games and wanting Netflix and Chill like everyone else.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
EuroTime25, I don’t think that was the point of watchchris’s comment.

Yea I see that. Note to self dont check RWI and comment when you just wake up after a long night. Lol. I didnt even know where I was going, but just ranting. Lol

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
I did a lot of window shopping while in Switzerland. You have to admire such a small country of overly industrious people.
With such good taste in watch design who can get the whole World to chase after their watches.
I get the humor in, can you spot the fake!
I find it strange that I support an industry where some poor Chinese guy just went to jail after making a watch for me!
Life is Strange

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
In the Portuguese, Portofino and Big Pilot models I can say that you are calm if it comes with a gen or quality strap.
I don't know what quality the Aquatimer models have, if someone can add something it would be of great help

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
They never spot, I’ve been offered 12-15k in CASH for my vsf submariner by a few small business owners and walked into pretty much any ad I come across with, nothing happened so far hahahha. Even RM is okay, general public thinks it’s a Casio g shock or Something cheap

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
You notice it in the le petit prince versions. I had the chrono, but now I have the big pilot. The blue is difference.

It was one of my grail watches, so I ended up buying the cheapest on chrono24. Case has a lot of wear but when I send it to IWC for a service I will end up with almost a brand-new one. So I calculated the service cost in on my bid.

I'm quiting the rep game, but I like to buy a rep to see if a gen would fit my taste.

My collection is now 9 pieces and their are 2 reps and 2 super Frankens. My 5 gen pieces are not cheap but I don't want to part with them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A715F met Tapatalk

gbfitzger

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/9/21
I've got quite a few gen watches, but I love my IWC rep nearly as much. Honestly, IWC are very replicable compared to some other manufacturers.

Alex1975

Renowned Member
12/11/15
My advice would be to add an OEM leather strap or at least a good quality aftermarket.

once you’ve done this 99.99% of people would never know.

Just browsing the forum & came across this....superb photo mate!

Reactions: klockjohan

anaximandere

Supporter
Certified
25/6/18
My experience: have a fair number of young well to do friends who “like watches” aka like the status that comes with wearing a Rolex/AP/Patek. Know nothing outside those brands and even had no clue what Tudor was when I wore my BB58.

I’d imagine a similar reaction to an IWC watch. Aka most people won’t have a clue what it is. And of those who “like watches” only 10% of those will have heard of IWC, and 10% of that number will know what they should even look like.

I’m in the south in the US.

Also if anyone is looking to sell a spitfire I’ve been on the hunt for one :)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Just browsing the forum & came across this....superb photo mate!

Thanks mate that’s very kind of you to say, I just got lucky with the framing of it as I’m usually pretty terrible.

Was a beautiful watch, sold it as I went off leather strapped watches. Now IWC do it on a steel bracelet but not sure it’s been repped yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
You might have your IWC spotted as a fake if the other person is real close, like when having sex.
If they see it is not genuine, then chances are they will let you know by having a fake orgasm!